• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

custody case

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

annalouisa

my husband is stationed in oklahoma his ex-girlfriend lives in detroit michigan. she's pregnant with his child and is due any day now. she wants him to take full custody of the baby and she wants to give up her parental rights. she wants us to have the baby. my question is can we do this legally without the courts? can they just sign papers giving us full custody and her giving up her rights and having it notorized? we are willing to do this and want to do this.:confused:

FoggyDew

Just a guess, but believe if she gives up parental rights and your husband has the child, you should be able to adopt this baby and become its legal mother. I would highly recommend it so as to close the bio loophole. I think it is wonderful of you to agree and wish you well.

D

deefran

Just to let you know that ANY paper you have drawn up and notarized with the agreement will be WORTHLESS unless signed by a judge. It is in this child's best interests to go to court and have it legally done, if not..bio-mom can walk in and take the baby without looking back and then the court costs from the resulting custody battle would be astronomical to what you would have originally paid to have it done right the first time.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">