• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

custody of children in the shelter system

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mxj0035

What is the name of your state? ohio
my wife found out i was trying to have her committed for psychiatric evaluation and fled into the battered women shelter system with our 3 children.she suffers from manic depression and post traumatic stress disorder,she is claiming abuse of her and the children.this isnt the first that this has happened.she was under the care of a doctor who prescribed medicines and i found out she was cutting doses..she claimed battering and even filed for divorce but once she was back on the medicines she dropped
all the claims....its been over a month and i havent heard from her or the kids or even been served with a restraining order
child support notice or divorce papers....i am not a batterer
i have never had the police called to my home,been arrested or charged with a crime of any nature....does her previous dropping of all claims and her mental issues bode well for me in a emergency custody hearing....i am concerned about the kids safety.and feel i am the better parent at this time.....i have talked to my kids teachers and they are willing to state that my kids are well behaved and never saw signs of abuse or were afraid of me.......i know you arent lawyers but your opinions would be helpful

CMSC

Just curious, if you know where they are and this is your CURRENT wife, no divorce yet, why haven't you gone to get the kids? If you are still married, you have every right to take your children home.

M

mxj0035

i went to the kids new school and tried to withdraw them one day and they refused to release the kids in my custody
becuase they stated with the help of the shelter my wife
enrolled them as sole guardian

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">