• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Custody of daughter Wi never had custody agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jac_lifeline

I am from WI. I am looking to get custody of my daughter. Her father and I have never had a custody agreement but he has now become too controlling and uses her as a pawn against me. I am not able to meet with an attorney until next week. I want to file for custody before he does, what do I need to do?

CSO286

I am from WI. I am looking to get custody of my daughter. Her father and I have never had a custody agreement but he has now become too controlling and uses her as a pawn against me. I am not able to meet with an attorney until next week. I want to file for custody before he does, what do I need to do?
Are you married?
Has paternity been established?
With whom does she currently live?
How much time does she spend with the other parent?

Banned_Princess

Are you married?

is he on the birth cert?

where does child live?

jac_lifeline

We were never married no. He is on the birth certificate, but never has taken a paternity test. She has been with me most of the time seeing him on weekends. I did move back to the same town as him so she could goto school and have both of us around, so we were trying to do the joint custody thing and it is not working. He has become controlling, not willing to pick her up/drop her off/ pay for lunch, dance or anything. He has also always been harrassing to me but now since I am living in town his girlfriend has threatned me and he is spreading rumors about me. I have tried to be civial for 5 years and I am just fed up!

jac_lifeline

He also speaks badly of me my husband and my family to her. She has cried saying " why doesnt my daddy like you? daddy is mean to you " and " My daddy doesn't like my nana and papa. " I have two older half sisters whose mom turned them against my dad and I will not let my daughter become mentally affected from him. I have never said one bad word about him/ his girlfriend or his family to her.

jac_lifeline

No I have never filed for child support. Never recieved any money from him. And no orders currently or ever previously in place.

Banned_Princess

No I have never filed for child support. Never recieved any money from him. And no orders currently or ever previously in place.
So, what exactly is it that you want?

you don't have to send her, he doesn't have to pay for anything.

If you want a court ordered visitation, or child support you have to file in family court where you are.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">