• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Custody definition

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

flygrl

What is the name of your state? Ohio

I have sole legal and physical custody of my two children.

Does my X need my permission to take them out of the city or state?

What about taking them out of school or picking them up or access to their records?

How do I find this out?

CVG

Zephyr

Does my X need my permission to take them out of the city or state?

what does your co state in regards to visitation?

and why would you have an issue about him having their school records?

seniorjudge

Read the judgment in your lawsuit.

If that does not answer your question (and most dissolution decrees are very poorly written), then ask your lawyer.

If you want more specificity, then you may have to go back to court and ask the court to modify your judgment.

flygrl

seniorjudge said:
Read the judgment in your lawsuit.

If that does not answer your question (and most dissolution decrees are very poorly written), then ask your lawyer.

If you want more specificity, then you may have to go back to court and ask the court to modify your judgment.
All it says is that I am the custodial parent. It says that he has 5 weeks time with them in the summer and one weekend a month.

I don't want him to have access to anything. He is very sneaky and does not think that the law applies to him and I don't trust him.

I can't find in my state statutes where it says specifically what custody means.

cvg

Zephyr

I don't want him to have access to anything.

not a very nice co-parenting attitude, isn't your ex in CA?

flygrl

You are right - it is not a very nice attitude. But I have had it with being nice.

I have accommodated his ever changing visitation schedule. First he wants this weekend then he wants that one. He is CONSTANTLY late. 20 minutes, 1 hour, 4 hours - this last time 5 hours and 20 minutes and this last time I didn't let him have the girls. I am sick to damn death of my plans and that of the children being on hold while he decides what is convenient for him.

He has dragged me in and out of court for 2 years for one frivilous contempt charge after another - no I have never been found in contempt. I have never filed ANYTHING on him. He has cost me $25,000 in legal fees which is close to my net yearly salary.

He threatens me and is abusive (and this past time the police drove up just as he lunged at me screaming).

He refuses to take care of the few things left to his responsibility and when I try to follow up he calls it harassment. Oh, this time he wants to file criminal harassment charges because I called his house as a last resort trying to get a fax number.

Some on here don't believe me and think that I am the one causing all the problems. It is simply not the case.

But the time has come to put down my foot and remove him until he stops abusing me and the system.

Oh, his wife cleaned out all of the girls belongings and told them they don't have a bedroom at their house. She also refuses to speak to them. Nice, huh? I don't think they need to be around someone like that.

cvg

rmet4nzkx

Straighten up and fly right!

You just don't learn do you?

Yes he can take the children to CA for his summer visitation.

You have to be somewhat flexible when he has to fly in from out of state to visit his children, interfering with his parental rights to visitation, denying him the right to visit after he flys in to see them is a very bad move on your part, are you proud of yourself?

You have been stalking him on the internet and harassing him on the phone since he remarried, he has asked you to contact through his attorney, that is reasonable. YOU are the sneaky one.

He has access to school and medical records, without your interference.

There is a big difference between residential custody and visitation.

The fact that his wife made sure your children had all their belongings returned at the end of their summer visit is comendable, many custodal parents are here because the belongings are not returned.

flygrl

rmet4nzkx said:
Straighten up and fly right!

You just don't learn do you?

Yes he can take the children to CA for his summer visitation.

You have to be somewhat flexible when he has to fly in from out of state to visit his children, interfering with his parental rights to visitation, denying him the right to visit after he flys in to see them is a very bad move on your part, are you proud of yourself?

Yes, I am VERY proud of myself for standing up to him. We have a parenting agreement that says that he is to pick them up at 4 on friday and drop them at school on Monday. This was very clear by my lawyer that this is not negotible and if he doesn't show up on time (within 15 minutes) I do not have to turn the children over to him. He made the choice to still come 5 hours late and I stood my ground.

You have been stalking him on the internet and harassing him on the phone since he remarried, he has asked you to contact through his attorney, that is reasonable. YOU are the sneaky one.

You are incredibly wrong again and I am reporting you to the service. I refuse to be flamed and slandered by you anymore.

He has access to school and medical records, without your interference.

We will see.

There is a big difference between residential custody and visitation.

I have legal custody and residential custody.

The fact that his wife made sure your children had all their belongings returned at the end of their summer visit is comendable, many custodal parents are here because the belongings are not returned.
No, she didn't do it out of love for them. She did it to get rid of any hint of them in her house. Most step parents would let a child keep some toys and games and personal belongings at the father's house. There was no need to tell them that they didn't have a bedroom in their father's house. That is just cruel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">