• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Custody of a foster child who were are not related to...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

I

Izzle

What is the name of your state? VA

Ok, heres the deal:

My parents are currently trying to get custody of a boy who is in foster care. He has not been in our custody at any point. Currently, the social services has him in a program at a treatment facility becuase they believe it is in his "BEST INTEREST". However, he has done nothing illegal to be in this place, whereas everyone else in this facility has committed some form of a crime and has some form of charges against them. (ie, rape, acting out sexually on someone else, etc.) We are currently trying to find a way to get custody of him, because we know that the social services have really made a mistake in putting him there. in addition, his foster parents abuse him and practically use him as free labor on their farm. Some days he would work 12 hours without food or breaks. This people have children of their own who are 4 and 6 and are yet not potty trained, but they are deemed worthy to care for someone elses child. If anyone knows of any legal ways we could use to remove him from the facility and gain custody of him to prevent him from going back to the foster care home, please let me know by leaving a comment of some sort. We have no relation to this boy, but would liek to get custody of him.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">