• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Custody of Kids by Aunt,Uncle and Grandma

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

concernedx3

my sister and brother in laws, ( my wifes sister) are drug and alcohol addicted and have 2 kids. a 2yr old and 5 yr old. over the past year we have been called to go pick up the kids because they just couldnt take care of them. we have had them for as long as 6 weeks at a time. this has happened several several times. now the kids mom is disappearing for 2 and 3 days out partying and whatever. she missed her little ones birthday party without even calling or coming home. the parents physically brawl with each other the cops have come out and taken him to jail for domestic violence and criminal damage(he got high on meth was drinking rum and trashed their house) we live in arizona and we are going to seek temporary custody of the kids until they can get themselves the help they need. my question would be what more would we have to prove and could we win?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">