• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

custody/live in boyfriend

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pooh_27

I live in Michigan... I have been raising my kids mainly by myself. Their dad only starting wanting them on weekends when he found out I filed for child support. He hasnt paid child support in 7 months but he went out and hired a lawyer while Im using legal aid.... My question is in Michigan am I allowed to let my boyfriend move in with me...
He will be relocating to my town for a new job and it will help out financially... We go to court in 2 weeks for the referee hearing.HE is trying to get custody 7 days on and 7 days off. He has a girlfriend too whom is always there when my kids are there on the weekends but I cant prove she lives there... Will he be able to bring this up and will it affect the court decision?
Please help!! Thank you

L

LadyBlu

pooh_27 said:
I live in Michigan... I have been raising my kids mainly by myself. Their dad only starting wanting them on weekends when he found out I filed for child support. He hasnt paid child support in 7 months but he went out and hired a lawyer while Im using legal aid.... My question is in Michigan am I allowed to let my boyfriend move in with me...
He will be relocating to my town for a new job and it will help out financially... We go to court in 2 weeks for the referee hearing.HE is trying to get custody 7 days on and 7 days off. He has a girlfriend too whom is always there when my kids are there on the weekends but I cant prove she lives there... Will he be able to bring this up and will it affect the court decision?
Please help!! Thank you
If I were you, I would not let B/F move in until you have the custody issues resolved. It could prevent your ex from getting custody, but two wrongs do not make a right.

To prove your ex's g/f is living with him all you would need is proof that her mailing address is the same as his, or if any of the utilities are in her name.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">