+ Reply to Thread
    pooh_27 Guest
    I live in Michigan... I have been raising my kids mainly by myself. Their dad only starting wanting them on weekends when he found out I filed for child support. He hasnt paid child support in 7 months but he went out and hired a lawyer while Im using legal aid.... My question is in Michigan am I allowed to let my boyfriend move in with me...
    He will be relocating to my town for a new job and it will help out financially... We go to court in 2 weeks for the referee hearing.HE is trying to get custody 7 days on and 7 days off. He has a girlfriend too whom is always there when my kids are there on the weekends but I cant prove she lives there... Will he be able to bring this up and will it affect the court decision?
    Please help!! Thank you

LadyBlu Guest
    Originally posted by pooh_27
    I live in Michigan... I have been raising my kids mainly by myself. Their dad only starting wanting them on weekends when he found out I filed for child support. He hasnt paid child support in 7 months but he went out and hired a lawyer while Im using legal aid.... My question is in Michigan am I allowed to let my boyfriend move in with me...
    He will be relocating to my town for a new job and it will help out financially... We go to court in 2 weeks for the referee hearing.HE is trying to get custody 7 days on and 7 days off. He has a girlfriend too whom is always there when my kids are there on the weekends but I cant prove she lives there... Will he be able to bring this up and will it affect the court decision?
    Please help!! Thank you
    If I were you, I would not let B/F move in until you have the custody issues resolved. It could prevent your ex from getting custody, but two wrongs do not make a right.

To prove your ex's g/f is living with him all you would need is proof that her mailing address is the same as his, or if any of the utilities are in her name.

+ Reply to Thread