• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Custody Of My 4 year old daughter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jujyfruit

I have a four year old daughter and for the last year she has lived with my father in el paso, Tx. I have just moved to Texarkana, Tx. and a year ago I signed a notrized letter stating that for one year my daughter would live with my dad till I got my life together. My life is together I have a new daughter. I just moved to texarkana and got a really good job and my father says now that he will be taking me to court to try to keep for ever. Sir/ Ma'am I am not a drug addict or a bad mother. My father just wants to keep her down ther with him he feels if she moves with me he'll never see her again. HELP PLEASE.......................

L

LadyBlu

jujyfruit said:
I have a four year old daughter and for the last year she has lived with my father in el paso, Tx. I have just moved to Texarkana, Tx. and a year ago I signed a notrized letter stating that for one year my daughter would live with my dad till I got my life together. My life is together I have a new daughter. I just moved to texarkana and got a really good job and my father says now that he will be taking me to court to try to keep for ever. Sir/ Ma'am I am not a drug addict or a bad mother. My father just wants to keep her down ther with him he feels if she moves with me he'll never see her again. HELP PLEASE.......................
If you have truly gotten things together and are able to take care of your child and the grandfather has nothing filed with the courts as of yet, you should be able to go pick up your child and take her with you. He has no legal rights at this point. But, if he has petitioned the courts already you will have to fight him in court. I suggest you pick the child up first chance you get before he has a chance to petition.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">