• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Custody of my daughter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Might I mention that her dad did have supervised visits at first because he was a potential danger to her. I think my daughter would have plenty of stability with a guranteed home, insurance, and steady paycheck.

Well I have improved myself. I have a vehicle and job. The only reason I live with my parents its because I want to be with my daughter at all times, but this isn't a stable environment for her.

CSO286

Well with the fathers case, he is supposed to see her everyweek. All that was set up in court before, but I keep track of how little he see's her because I figured that would be a plus for me in court. Will it help any that my soon to be husband is in the military?
Probalby will not matter, unless you are planning to relocate with the child far away from a Dad who is involvied in his child's life. Then it can help Dad.

As of now my daughter and myself have no insurance, and once I get married I will have free housing with him and free medical.
Yay for you. This, of course, "ass"umes you are able to regain custody, right?

How much money should I look at spending for taking him to court?
At least $2500 as a retainer. If things get ugly.....well into five figures.

And if Dad no longer has superivsed visits, then you cannot argue he is a danger anymore. Frankly, almost everyone attempts that argument, and the courts will err on the side of caution and order superivsed for a time, and then graduating to unsupervised.

CSO286

Might I mention that her dad did have supervised visits at first because he was a potential danger to her. I think my daughter would have plenty of stability with a guranteed home, insurance, and steady paycheck.
I really hate this argument.

Define potential danger.

Everyone is a potential danger.

Heck, I'm a potential murderer. I haven't killed anyone--yet--but in right circumstances, with the right motivation(say, to protect my child)--I just might become a murderer.

Potential danger as in he was abusive to me while I was pregnant and after I had her. Things happened in front of the child. I know this doesn't mean that he would hurt her. There is always that possibility. She also can't be around smoke "court ordered" but her father smokes along with the rest of his family. Everytime she comes back she smells like an ashtray and is sick.

Just Blue

Potential danger as in he was abusive to me while I was pregnant and after I had her. Things happened in front of the child. I know this doesn't mean that he would hurt her. There is always that possibility. She also can't be around smoke "court ordered" but her father smokes along with the rest of his family. Everytime she comes back she smells like an ashtray and is sick.
Again. Why is it in the CHILD'S BEAT INTEREST to be moved from the majority of her family, with a mother that can't (per YOUR POSTING) provide her basic needs?

Right now I am providing her basic needs. I provide her food, clothes, medical bills, ect. She was on her dad's insurance until he was laid off here recently. Why should my daughter be around abuse all of the time in a tiny home, "both my parents and his" when she could come with me, her MOM, who can give her everything she needs?

Just Blue

Right now I am providing her basic needs. I provide her food, clothes, medical bills, ect. She was on her dad's insurance until he was laid off here recently. Why should my daughter be around abuse all of the time in a tiny home, "both my parents and his" when she could come with me, her MOM, who can give her everything she needs?
Yeah...:rolleyes:

The ONLY thing I don't provide for my daughter is her housing, which I've explained this reason many times. The only thing I wanted to know really was how hard it would be to get custody back from my mom? And IF you can't give me an answer to thatand woul d rather down me as a mother, you can stay off of my thread because I didn't ask anybody what they thought about me:)

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Good luck with all of that. But when your Marine meal ticket gets tired of supporting you and your child, then where are you going to be? :rolleyes:

I think you are very young and very naive. You would serve your daughter better by becoming totally self-supporting (including providing housing/clothing/food) and not looking to anybody else to support you and her while remaining in the area you are in now. Daughter has a RIGHT to have a relationship with her father.

Just Blue

The ONLY thing I don't provide for my daughter is her housing, which I've explained this reason many times. The only thing I wanted to know really was how hard it would be to get custody back from my mom? And IF you can't give me an answer to thatand woul d rather down me as a mother, you can stay off of my thread because I didn't ask anybody what they thought about me:)
Based on your posting it would be hard. But much harder to move out of state with the children. You have to argue two separate cases. Based on your "future" with a BOYFRIEND. You do not have a stable situation. It would, based on your postings, be mentally harmful to the child.

Grow up and stand on your OWN two feet and STOP relying on others to provide for YOUR child.

Well my marine isn't my meal ticket. He just so happens to be the guy I'm going to marry and there are a lot of benefits that he gets that I will also get, along with my daughter. And YES she does have a right to see her father, so why doesn't he use his visitation like he is supposed to? EVERY WEEKENED..Not once, maybe twice a month for 2 or 3 hours the day he does decide "oh yea I have a daughter maybe I should see her". I don't want to keep her away from her father, I don't remember ever saying that once in this thread. I just want to get some kind of custody worked out between the both of us. When there is a distance I thought the kids usually go and stay longer periods of time with the other parent, like the summer or holidays.

Based on your posting it would be hard. But much harder to move out of state with the children. You have to argue two separate cases. Based on your "future" with a BOYFRIEND. You do not have a stable situation. It would, based on your postings, be mentally harmful to the child.

Grow up and stand on your OWN two feet and STOP relying on others to provide for YOUR child.
How am I not providing for my child? The only thing I'm not providing is an actual house of our own, Which I did have until my mom got custody. Then I moved back in with her so I could live with my little girl.

Just Blue

Well my marine isn't my meal ticket. He just so happens to be the guy I'm going to marry and there are a lot of benefits that he gets that I will also get, along with my daughter

Please call again when you are the wife of said Marine. Not the girlfriend. Until then...Nothing you plan matters in court.

Just Blue

How am I not providing for my child? The only thing I'm not providing is an actual house of our own, Which I did have until my mom got custody. Then I moved back in with her so I could live with my little girl.
YOU are unstable. Still. You do and have relied on others to support your child. Now you want your BOYFRIEND to do so.

LEGAL REALITY.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">