• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Custody of my daughter

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not going to court until I'm actually married, which is may 27th. I'm not stupid, I know that him being just my "boyfriend" doesn't matter at all.

CJane

Do you think Dad will fight your relocation? Have you discussed it with him?

Also, one thing that you must consider -- you're claiming that Dad is a potential danger -- but if you move to CA, you WILL be sending kiddo back to AR for EXTENDED unsupervised time. That creates a situation of MORE potential danger, not less.

Just Blue

I'm not going to court until I'm actually married, which is may 27th. I'm not stupid, I know that him being just my "boyfriend" doesn't matter at all.
I will inform you that your court date should be May of '12. ;)

BTW: How old are you?

And this is important to answer in your situation.

Do you know me personally? Because if you did, you would know I don't rely on others. I'm actually a very independent person and I haven't relied on anybody except myself from day one. I don't understand where you are even getting me relying off others. Just because I was talking about some of the benefits I would be getting and because I live with my mother "for now". I could easily have a home of my own right now. I think me having a JOB says enough about me not needing everybody else to support me.

I turn 21 in october. Why would it be may 2012? And no, I haven't discussed this with the father because there is a no-contact order, but I'm sure he would fight it. Not for the benefit of the child but out of spite, just like everything else he has done.

And I also plan on coming back with her if it is longer visits. I've discussed this with my mother and she said we could stay with her while my daughter is visiting her father.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
I turn 21 in october. Why would it be may 2012? And no, I haven't discussed this with the father because there is a no-contact order, but I'm sure he would fight it. Not for the benefit of the child but out of spite, just like everything else he has done.
You are very young and very naive. :cool: I would suggest that you read through the forums, see how these things typically go.

Just Blue

Do you know me personally? Because if you did, you would know I don't rely on others. I'm actually a very independent person and I haven't relied on anybody except myself from day one. I don't understand where you are even getting me relying off others. Just because I was talking about some of the benefits I would be getting and because I live with my mother "for now". I could easily have a home of my own right now. I think me having a JOB says enough about me not needing everybody else to support me.
Cut, pate and save this post. When you are 35 read it. You will be embarrassed.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
I know I'm very young, which is why I came here to ask for advice ;)
That you seem to want to argue with instead of thinking about it. :cool:

We have more experience than you. We know how life works better than you. I would suggest that you take the things said to you and think long and hard on them before you marry anybody anywhere.

Just Blue

And I also plan on coming back with her if it is longer visits. I've discussed this with my mother and she said we could stay with her while my daughter is visiting her father.
So...You are going to stay with your mother while your child stays with DAD for weeks or months.

proud_parent

I could easily have a home of my own right now. I think me having a JOB says enough about me not needing everybody else to support me.
Yes, your "job" -- not to mention your current and planned living arrangements -- say VOLUMES about your ability to be self-supporting. :rolleyes:

I have a babysitting job while I'm living with my parents. Now I am getting married the end of this month to a marine.

Yes, if it would help the situation by me coming back with her then yes, I would come back and stay. But I found what I was looking for elsewhere. Thanks to the people that did help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">