• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Custody Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sundbergak

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania.

My fiancé has a 6 year old daughter that he has not seen in 5 years. There is a custody order in place from 5 years ago. His ex-wife followed it for a couple months and then stopped. There was a PFA put on him from her, that was lifted a year and a half ago. Since then, she has contacted us. She has dropped child support, on the condition that he would sign all rights to her. Legally he was not allowed because she was not getting remarried, and his daughter was not being adopted. Currently, she messaged my fiancé and agreed to file for the custody modification so that he could have visitation again with his daughter. Which, does not make sense to me? She has yet to re-file. So my question is, Do I file for custody contempt? or a modification in custody?

Any information would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you for your time.

Proserpina

My fiancé has a 6 year old daughter that he has not seen in 5 years. There is a custody order in place from 5 years ago. His ex-wife followed it for a couple months and then stopped. There was a PFA put on him from her, that was lifted a year and a half ago. Since then, she has contacted us. She has dropped child support, on the condition that he would sign all rights to her. Legally he was not allowed because she was not getting remarried, and his daughter was not being adopted. Currently, she messaged my fiancé and agreed to file for the custody modification so that he could have visitation again with his daughter. Which, does not make sense to me? She has yet to re-file. So my question is, Do I file for custody contempt? or a modification in custody?

Thank you for your time.
You seem confused. Perhaps because this is your fiance's business?

Regardless, it's quite simple. Mom is filing to modify custody. Dad should read the papers and figure out what Mom is actually wanting to do. Perhaps once he has those papers he can sign up himself? That'd be awesome.

Thanks!

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Interesting that the new cupcake is involving herself and her current has been horribly mistreated. He hasn't seen his child in six years and did nothing in order to attempt to see her and now she is riding in to save the day. OP, your boyfriend needs to take responsibility for his own issues.

Just Blue

Thank you for your time.
Go for it!! IF you want to be charged with Practicing Law with out a license.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">