• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

custody right of a sex offender

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

protectmybaby

What is the name of your state? Oregon
My daughters Bio-father has not seen her sence she was under a year old. She is now 8. He does NOT pay the court orderd support. She just found out that she has a diffrent Dad than the one that has been raising her. Her bio wants to see her and she does not want to see him. I found out that he has been arrested twice for rapeI and once for contributing to the sexual delinkquance of a minor. He did time in jail and is a regesterd sex offender. I do NOT want him near my child. We were never married and there is no court orderd visitation. I DO NOT WANT HIM NEAR MY BABY. How can I get him removed form her birth certificate or stop him from getting visitation?

Seanscott

With no contact & no support (not to mention sex offender), you could file for termination of his parental rights.

If your husband is willing to adopt her, then a new birth certificate will be issued with his name as the father.

After all this time I can't imagine a judge ordering your daughter to visit her biodad. He can't just walk back in after 8 years and demand his "rights".

It will take some effort for him to try to force visitation, and it doesn't sound like he's the type to work very hard for it.

Good luck

CMSC

Oregon grounds for termination:

Statutes:
419B.500
419B.502
419B.504
419B.506
419B.508

Abandonment or Extreme Parental Disinterest
Abuse/Neglect
Mental Illness or Deficiency
Alcohol- or Drug-induced Incapacity
Failure of Reasonable Efforts
Sexual Abuse
Abuse/Neglect or Loss of Rights of Another Child
Failure to Maintain Contact
Failure to Provide Support
Child's Best Interest
Felony assault of child or sibling
Murder/Manslaughter of sibling child
Single or recurrent incident of extreme conduct toward the child
Criminal conduct of parent
Identity or location of parent(s) unknown

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">