• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Custody and Support?? Recently Deceased Ex-Wife

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

NewWifey224

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

My husband and I have been married 12 years now and he has paid child support to his ex wife faithfully for the past 16 years. She recently passed away and their children are now 18 and 16. She did not allow him to be a part of their lives so they dont know us, what does he do about custody and his child support payments? The child support case is out of VA, but we live in OH and she lived in GA? He doesnt want custody if they dont want to come live with us but he wants to continue the support payments and possibly have the visitations that were listed in the divorce that she denied him for 16 years.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
It would probably be good to know exactly what his order says, w/o the names. SO please have him register and let us know. And he should be prepared to explain (at least to the court when he gets there) what actions he took over 16 years to enforce his rights.

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

My husband and I have been married 12 years now and he has paid child support to his ex wife faithfully for the past 16 years. She recently passed away and their children are now 18 and 16. She did not allow him to be a part of their lives so they dont know us, what does he do about custody and his child support payments? The child support case is out of VA, but we live in OH and she lived in GA? He doesnt want custody if they dont want to come live with us but he wants to continue the support payments and possibly have the visitations that were listed in the divorce that she denied him for 16 years.
Support should continue until he is told otherwise by a court of law. I suggest that you have your husband contact his ex's family and offer his support. After a little bit he can address the rest.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">