• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Custody Trial

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PEONY418

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

Who makes the best witnesses for a custody trial? Are family members automatically considered biased?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

Who makes the best witnesses for a custody trial? Are family members automatically considered biased?
You called us liars on another thread -- stating the advice we gave is not true -- and yet you want our help?

Your question by the way is NOT able to be answered in the way you asked. The best witnesses are those who have proof regarding substantial changes in circumstance that impact the child or that show there is NO substantial change.

Of course since I don't tell the truth according to you, take from this what you will.

PEONY418

You called us liars on another thread -- stating the advice we gave is not true -- and yet you want our help?

Your question by the way is NOT able to be answered in the way you asked. The best witnesses are those who have proof regarding substantial changes in circumstance that impact the child or that show there is NO substantial change.

Of course since I don't tell the truth according to you, take from this what you will.
LOL I did not call you a liar!!! I was asking a simple question! Maybe each state works differently. I cant count on 2 hands the amount of times Ive been to court. And every time is scary.

Plus according to my lawyer, since they are looking for the best interest of the child, she told me I needed people that see my interaction with the child. That I do the best, am not neglectful or abusive.

Funny, if I brought people into court that had proof of substantial change in circumstances....Id go in alone!

Listen...all I was asking was a simple question based on my last 9 yrs in this situation. I wish I was only pulled into court based on substantial change.

Like I said before the only change is that my ex wants her all well and for me to have her on the weekend. We've been to court many times for the same reason. This is the 1st time to be heard in front of a judge.

PEONY418

Ohio, to answer your question on another thread.

We have had shared custody all along.
It went from Me having the kids primarily and him having them EOW and wed nites.

Now its shared 50/50 one week MOM one week DAD alternating.

Legal is shared also.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Ohio, to answer your question on another thread.

We have had shared custody all along.
It went from Me having the kids primarily and him having them EOW and wed nites.

Now its shared 50/50 one week MOM one week DAD alternating.

Legal is shared also.
Then that was NOT a change in custody. That was a change in TIMESHARE. Time can be changed due to any change in circumstance and NOT only a substantial change in circumstance in the life of the child. In order to go from JOINT to SOLE or SOLE to JOINT it requires a substantial change. To change from 3/4 to 50/50 doesn't require substantial change.

One is time and the other is CUSTODY. Different things.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">