• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

custody trial

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jmhart

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? missouri

I am heading into a custody trial and don't really know what to expect.
I filed a motion to modify because she couldn't follow the parenting plan.
Because she moved the kids out of the area with out permission and now I
have to take off work early two to three times a week to get them cause she
can't get them to me when she is suppose to any advice on what to expect
in court
thanks

Proserpina

in court
thanks

What do the original orders say?

What are you requesting?

Where did she move? Out of county? State? How long ago?

majomom1

in court
thanks

How old are the kids?
When did Mom move?
Did you object to Mom moving out of the State?

jmhart

What do the original orders say?

What are you requesting?

Where did she move? Out of county? State? How long ago?
That the kids go to school with me and she get them on the weekends
she moved out of the state a month after the divorce the paper work says she has to give 90 day notice by certified mail and that never happen so I tried it for a year and It didn't work the kids were late to school thirteen times and then she couldn't follow the plan

majomom1

That the kids go to school with me and she get them on the weekends
she moved out of the state a month after the divorce the paper work says she has to give 90 day notice by certified mail and that never happen so I tried it for a year and It didn't work the kids were late to school thirteen times and then she couldn't follow the plan
Do you have primary custody, the kids are with you during the week?

What exactly are you asking to change in court?

jmhart

Do you have primary custody, the kids are with you during the week?

What exactly are you asking to change in court?
50/50 custody she has them for mailing and educational address so they attend school there and that is what i am asking them to change and her response to me filing the motion to modify is a letter saying she wants to move the kids futher away then they already are so i filed an injuction to stop the move then she didn't bother to show up to the pretrial so they gave her lawery an continuance

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
50/50 custody she has them for mailing and educational address so they attend school there and that is what i am asking them to change and her response to me filing the motion to modify is a letter saying she wants to move the kids futher away then they already are so i filed an injuction to stop the move then she didn't bother to show up to the pretrial so they gave her lawery an continuance
Punctuation and capitalization will make your posts much easier to understand. The run-on sentences do not lend themselves to being comprehensible.

jmhart

Punctuation and capitalization will make your posts much easier to understand. The run-on sentences do not lend themselves to being comprehensible.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? mo

What type of discovery should I have in my custody case ?
I have a calander showing all the days she was late and all
the days i had to take off work to get the girls because she couldn't follow
the parent plan.I have grade cards showing the attendence records of the thirteen tards, letters she has wrote to me saying that it is impossible for her to follow the parenting plan.Is there anything else that I need to help with the case?

CJane

Because you waited a year after her initial relocation before you filed anything, it's unlikely that it will be considered relevant now.

And being late 13 times is not THAT big of a deal. MY school district would have called CPS about truancy, but apparently HERS did not. And it's going to be virtually impossible to show harm to the children because they were late to school.

Also, you must consider that in MO, in order to restrict a parent's established time with the child, you must show that the children are being harmed. Can you do that?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">