• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Custody Trial

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

viix

Wisconsin

Wisconsin

I'm a Dad currently going through a child custody battle. I have had my children since my wife willingly called me at said to come get them. She had stopped showing up to court and I was granted full custody and she gets supervised visitation. She is now fighting for the kids and at our last court a couple of months ago I was again granted full custody and she gets supervised visitation. Our children's guardian ad litem supported this order. She apposed this judgement and the judge is sending it to trial. I do not have the money for a lawyer. What should I bring to be prepared?

Details that support me:
I work and support my children, provide health insurance, make and keep doctor and dentist appointments, provide a steady home for them, make sure they attend school and get good grades, and love them very much.

Details about my ex-wife:
She lives in a pull behind camper (in Wisconsin), does not have her own vehicle, has only payed 5 weeks child support this year, has a history of mental illness which includes suicide attempts, drug addictions, abusive boyfriends and goes missing on the regular basis.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Wisconsin

Wisconsin

I'm a Dad currently going through a child custody battle. I have had my children since my wife willingly called me at said to come get them. She had stopped showing up to court and I was granted full custody and she gets supervised visitation. She is now fighting for the kids and at our last court a couple of months ago I was again granted full custody and she gets supervised visitation. Our children's guardian ad litem supported this order. She apposed this judgement and the judge is sending it to trial. I do not have the money for a lawyer. What should I bring to be prepared?

Details that support me:
I work and support my children, provide health insurance, make and keep doctor and dentist appointments, provide a steady home for them, make sure they attend school and get good grades, and love them very much.

Details about my ex-wife:
She lives in a pull behind camper (in Wisconsin), does not have her own vehicle, has only payed 5 weeks child support this year, has a history of mental illness which includes suicide attempts, drug addictions, abusive boyfriends and goes missing on the regular basis.
You are asking the wrong questions.
Try doing this:
1) Read the local rules.
2) Read the rules of evidence.
3) Read the rules of civil procedure.
4) Read the statutes governing custody.

Watch a trial before you need to file a pretrial statement. Then determine what you need to do to have it dismissed for lack of a substantial change in circumstance. Subpoena their medical records (the children's), school records and their teachers (if necessary). Also subpoena the notes from the visitation center and visitation supervisors. Make sure mom is listed as mom on all those records. prepare your questions for mother based on the best interests of the children. Determine who can help you prove your case. Realize mom has the burden.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">