• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

custody & visit issues state to state

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JBMD

100 % correct.

"Write a letter," indeed. That's not how you handle a court order. :rolleyes:
Actually all that is required in Virginia is a letter informing dad of the move and a letter informing the court of the move. Then dad has x amount of time to file to fight the move.

Since you've already been gone 8 months and you gave proper notification you will have a better chance of staying in AZ, but you will need a consult with a VA lawyer. Where in Virigina are you at?

OP do you have any proof that you sent dad the letter 30 days prior to the move? Was it sent certified mail? Did you also say that you did not send the court notice until you were established in AZ?

tirednoverit

she provided notice as required by the court order.....I'm not so sure she's in as much trouble as she otherwise may have been- dad certainly had the opportunity to object to the move KNOWING how it would impact regular visits, he did not prevent or contest the move...he did nothing until he was asked for more money

I wonder if he can prove he tried to exercise his parenting time.....

.....consulting my crystal ball**************I see it coming to not much and them getting a new order out of the deal to reflect the new distance and transportation.....

In may 2007 he went to CA for some military training, then he went to Texas. Last Sept he called me up and asked if he could drive from Texas and spend time with daughter. I said no problem they spent all day together and he had to go back. He's been in and out since we left in May and now he's overseas. I have been open to any visitation.

Silverplum

Actually all that is required in Virginia is a letter informing dad of the move and a letter informing the court of the move. Then dad has x amount of time to file to fight the move.

Since you've already been gone 8 months and you gave proper notification you will have a better chance of staying in AZ, but you will need a consult with a VA lawyer. Where in Virigina are you at?
I would LOVE to be PROVEN wrong.

Doesn't anyone (besides me) believe in proving their points any more???

In may 2007 he went to CA for some military training, then he went to Texas. Last Sept he called me up and asked if he could drive from Texas and spend time with daughter. I said no problem they spent all day together and he had to go back. He's been in and out since we left in May and now he's overseas. I have been open to any visitation.

Is dad even in VA?

JBMD

I would LOVE to be PROVEN wrong.

Doesn't anyone (besides me) believe in proving their points any more???
What proff would you like? I'd give you my case number, but the Virginia Beach J&D courts aren't public.

AND I fought the move (w/ only a little letter as notice.)
THreee brief lines ..... i'm moving to Oklahoma .... so bite me .... sincerely your ex! (in laymans terms)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">