• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

custody and visitation of 2 year old

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kbcdm72

undefined
What is the name of your state? California

Does anybody know a way to stop custody and visitation of my 2 year old whos non custodial parent and family abuse drugs and alchohol? My 2 year old son has had minimum contact with him and now he has filed for custody and visitation.

Thanks,

kbcdm72

custody

The proof that I have is that I myself have witnessed his and his families abuse over the past 4 years. I dont know what other proof there is. His sister where he lives and wants to take my 2 year old has been incarcerated at a drug program. Can I find this information somewhere?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
kbcdm72 said:
The proof that I have is that I myself have witnessed his and his families abuse over the past 4 years.
And the first thing the judge is going to want to know is why you then thought it was a good idea to have a kid by this guy.

Arrest/conviction records are public, so you should be able to get those with some digging. You probably won't be able to get medical records on your own. For that you'd really need an attorney, and even then it's iffy.

kbcdm72

I would tell the judge that I made a mistake. I didnt intenionally have this child, he was not planned.So, it is going to be hard to prove the abuse?

BelizeBreeze

kbcdm72 said:
undefined
What is the name of your state? California

Does anybody know a way to stop custody and visitation of my 2 year old whos non custodial parent and family abuse drugs and alchohol? Thanks,
Her name is Susan Smith and she has all the answers :rolleyes:

kbcdm72

I have three wonderful children and my 2 year old wasnt planned but I would never do anything to hurt any one of my children. I work with infants and toddlers, but now I am finding myself fighting for my children. So I dont know where Susan Smith came from.

topazsag

I feel your pain... you and your family witnessing his drug and alcohol abuse really doesn't stand up in court... I know the same with my ex. You need police reports/arrests. If you have things in writing it helps. The best you can probably hope for it the judge will order him to drug counselling before he is allowed visitation with the kid and they MIGHT say he can't have visitation if the sister is still living there (if you can prove she is in drug treatment.) But what would probably happen is he would lie about her living there. I wouldn't worry about custody unless he's got something really dirty on you.

BelizeBreeze

kbcdm72 said:
I have three wonderful children and my 2 year old wasnt planned but I would never do anything to hurt any one of my children. I work with infants and toddlers, but now I am finding myself fighting for my children. So I dont know where Susan Smith came from.
The children have a father. The father has rights just as you do. Unless the father is in some way physically abusing the children AND you can prove it you have no legal basis to deny the father his rights to his own children. GET IT?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">