• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

custody and visitation rights of dad about to be released from jail in pa.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ldb1954

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Pennsylvania

Hi First poster here.
The father of our Grandaughter is about to be released from prison after seven years, for robbery and sexual assault. My grandaughter is seven years old, and this person and my daughter were never married. Can you please tell me what rights he has to see his child, and what stipulations there might be, as far as supervised visits? Quite worried here about whats to come, and want only the best for our little Grandaughter. Thanks for any help.

Humusluvr

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Pennsylvania

Hi First poster here.
The father of our Grandaughter is about to be released from prison after seven years, for robbery and sexual assault. My grandaughter is seven years old, and this person and my daughter were never married. Can you please tell me what rights he has to see his child, and what stipulations there might be, as far as supervised visits? Quite worried here about whats to come, and want only the best for our little Grandaughter. Thanks for any help.
There are a lot of variables here.

Did the father sign the Affidavit of Paternity declaring he is the father? If not - then mom doesn't have to let this guy near the child, because he isn't the dad (legally) yet. She can wait and see if dad files something. When he does, she should request supervised visitation, unless this sexual assault conviction in some way makes him a danger to the child, and then she should request that he not be near the child.

Is dad the legal father?

Has he been in contact with mom?

Has he expressed interest in visitation when he is release?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">