• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

custody when mom moves out of state

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

Penlee999

from ny state: my son and his girlfriend have two children. they have recently split for the second time. they went to court two years ago for custody of the older boy and the order reads joint custody with the mother as primary residential parent giving my son visitation rights. there has been no paternity established for the younger child and no court orders. the mother wants to move to florida with the children. my son (and i) talked to probation mediator and they said the old custody/visitation order was still in effect. the mother is first refusing visitation then changes her mind. now my son tells me she has quit her job and noone has seen her for two or three days. there is a court date set for june 18th to amend visitation and for paternity on the younger child. the mother has not said anything to my son about about when she was leaving. the question is what can he do now that he has no idea where she is and is afraid she has left.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">