• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

cyber detective

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

armymom7877

If representing yourself (pro se) in child support/custody issues, will the courts usually allow information obtained via the "Cyber-
Detective"? I have heard that it has been outlawed in some states. Can you get into trouble for subscribing to it and obtaining info about the "other" parent to be used for this purpose?

Tell me more about this detective? How reliable is the info and where do you find out if it is illegal in your state,Iam in N.J. Thanks.......

A

armymom7877

cyber-detective response

If you enter "cyber-detective" in a search area, it will take you to the site I am refering to in the post. It is supposed to enable you to ascertain the same information private investigators are able to get for you for a cost of about $30.00 - unlimited use. I receive e-mails from them all of the time.

A

armymom7877

cyber-detective response

If you enter "cyber-detective" in a search area, it will take you to the site I am refering to in the post. It is supposed to enable you to ascertain the same information private investigators are able to get for you for a cost of about $30.00 - unlimited use. I receive e-mails from them all of the time.

S

scottishgal

Texas - I would like to know about this also, is it an invasion of privacy to get info to use against ex?

D

dnamix

cyber - detective

How about Wisconsin? We could all use our own cyber-detective couldn't we?

S

scottishgal

The reason I wanted to know if it was legal is because my hubby's ex told him that she was able to find out his salary and credit history and I know it is illegal to get someone's credit history without written permission (at least in Texas it is) and we sure haven't given her anything like that. The only other way I can think that she might have gotten the info would be through some kind of cyber detective, but I still consider that an invasion of privacy (not that I wouldn't take advantage of it if the need arises!!!)

L

lindsayilene

The cyber detective is not worth $3.00 let alone $30.00. Don't waste your money.
Peace.

S

scottishgal

Thanks for the info. I've already gotten copies of my husband's credit reports and it doesn't show that she had requested a copy, so either she was lying, or she got her info from somewhere else.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">