• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dad pick-up/drop off

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

help in ca

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ca, los angeles county

My ex and I were never married and when we split she moved in with her mom near by. The custody is 60/40 with her being the cp and me the ncp. I have Tuesdays and Thursday from after school until 6 and if my daughter wants to spend the night she can, with no specification of who drives, I also have every other Friday after school and drop off at school on Monday morning, which was specified who does the driving, me. Of course I did all he picking up and dropping off. Everything was fine until a year later (5 years ago) she moved 25 miles away with her new boyfriend, took my daughter out of her private school and put her public school near her new boyfriends house, closer to her, further from me. Ever since then I've had to drive over 50 miles there and back to pick her up and over 50 miles there and back to pick her up. I feel that she should have to do some ofthe driving. I suggested we each pick up the child when our custody begins. She says no I have to bring her back also. Today I told her that my daughter would be here waiting for her to come get her. She never showed up this morning, answered the phone or called. What do I do.

proud_parent

...she moved 25 miles away with her new boyfriend, took my daughter out of her private school and put her public school near her new boyfriends house... She never showed up this morning, answered the phone or called.
It's Friday; was your daughter supposed to be in school today?

If so, and daughter missed school because you decided unilaterally to buck the status quo, you behaved irresponsibly. :mad:

Humusluvr

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ca, los angeles county

My ex and I were never married and when we split she moved in with her mom near by. The custody is 60/40 with her being the cp and me the ncp. I have Tuesdays and Thursday from after school until 6 and if my daughter wants to spend the night she can, with no specification of who drives, I also have every other Friday after school and drop off at school on Monday morning, which was specified who does the driving, me. Of course I did all he picking up and dropping off. Everything was fine until a year later (5 years ago) she moved 25 miles away with her new boyfriend, took my daughter out of her private school and put her public school near her new boyfriends house, closer to her, further from me. Ever since then I've had to drive over 50 miles there and back to pick her up and over 50 miles there and back to pick her up. I feel that she should have to do some ofthe driving. I suggested we each pick up the child when our custody begins. She says no I have to bring her back also. Today I told her that my daughter would be here waiting for her to come get her. She never showed up this morning, answered the phone or called. What do I do.
Uhhhh, FIVE YEARS LATER you decide to change it?

Do you even have a court order?

LdiJ

Dad, let me also point out somethng to you. When a parent has overnight parenting time during the week, its is ALWAYS that parent's responsibility to get the child to school the next morning. I have never, ever, seen a judge order it any other way.

Therefore, you were doubly irresponsible in not getting your child to school.

All of your exchange points, at least during the school year, are at school, unless the child doesn't spend the night on Tuesday or Thursday. There is no way that a judge is going to make mom share the transportation when pick up or drop off is at school.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">