• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

daughter has not return to custodial parent!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

katekiess

What is the name of your state? CA
Hi!I just wanted to know if there is any parents who has the same situation as me.I'm the custodial parent and my daughter has not return to me for 5 years. 5 years ago when i was moving here to california my ex-husband had beg me to let our daughter stayed with him while im not familiar yet with my surroundings and after i had settled here in CA i had asked him several times to let our daughter return to me and he told me that its not a good idea to let my daughter bounce from one school to another, so I had agreed on him to keep her until she finish middle school in Indianapollis,IN. During those 5 years i had hardly seen her because basically he always tells me that she is busy in school and she needs to go visit her grandparents and etc.. and when i talk to my daughter she tells me the same things like "i want to stay here because i have my friends and cousin here, i like the school here, and we are going somewhere for vacation and etc...so few weeks ago i found out that she is finish middle school and i told him to return her to me for good and he started yelling at me and all his abusive language and told me that next year i wont see her anymore. I felt like he was cutting me off as a parent in her life by him telling me oh you want her back your parenthood is over. She has grown but this whole time i was waiting for her to finish school so she can return to me i was looking what the best interest for my daughter.This June she will visit me for 3 weeks and i decided not to return her anymore to her father since im the custodial parent. Is there anything he can do to get her back from me when he is the one who had not return her for 5 years he is the non-custodial parent. And the last time i saw my daughter she doesnt even know how to dress like a girl or even to clean up. I know she tells me that she is happy with her dad but i feel like its time for her to be with me.can i remove his visitation rights or at least prevent him from taking her out of the state?:(What is the name of your state?

Silverplum

If you have done nothing, legally, to retrieve your daughter for FIVE YEARS, you are going to need an attorney. Not help from a message board.

What is the name of your state? CA
Hi!I just wanted to know if there is any parents who has the same situation as me.I'm the custodial parent and my daughter has not return to me for 5 years. 5 years ago when i was moving here to california my ex-husband had beg me to let our daughter stayed with him while im not familiar yet with my surroundings and after i had settled here in CA i had asked him several times to let our daughter return to me and he told me that its not a good idea to let my daughter bounce from one school to another, so I had agreed on him to keep her until she finish middle school in Indianapollis,IN. During those 5 years i had hardly seen her because basically he always tells me that she is busy in school and she needs to go visit her grandparents and etc.. and when i talk to my daughter she tells me the same things like "i want to stay here because i have my friends and cousin here, i like the school here, and we are going somewhere for vacation and etc...so few weeks ago i found out that she is finish middle school and i told him to return her to me for good and he started yelling at me and all his abusive language and told me that next year i wont see her anymore. I felt like he was cutting me off as a parent in her life by him telling me oh you want her back your parenthood is over. She has grown but this whole time i was waiting for her to finish school so she can return to me i was looking what the best interest for my daughter.This June she will visit me for 3 weeks and i decided not to return her anymore to her father since im the custodial parent. Is there anything he can do to get her back from me when he is the one who had not return her for 5 years he is the non-custodial parent. And the last time i saw my daughter she doesnt even know how to dress like a girl or even to clean up. I know she tells me that she is happy with her dad but i feel like its time for her to be with me.can i remove his visitation rights or at least prevent him from taking her out of the state?:(What is the name of your state?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
After five years expect dad to go to court for new orders if you try this stupid maneuver and win based on status quo. FIVE YEARS? Good grief. You are no longer the custodial parent -- dad can prove he is and you could get in trouble for kidnapping.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">