• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Daughter would like to live with Godparents.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Moms question

My daughter, who will be turning 15 would like to live with her Godparents for about 9 months. She will continue to be homeschooled by her Godmother, who homeschools her own daughter of same age. We (meaning all peoples) are in full agreement to this. I am in Wisconsin and Godparents are in Iowa. Now, how do I go about this...what forms do I need to fill out, do they (Godparents) need to be legal guardians? Help !

Thanks for any advice.

M

meleahk1

if it were me and it was just for those months, and i got along with everyone, i might just let her go. when it is just a visit, then it is just a visit. however, the laws of your state may say different.

call the court house and see if they offer a law library or web site, and check the state statues.

also, i ask the same as the previous, where is the father and what does he say? if he has visitation or pays child support, it may cause a problem.

M

Moms question

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

Where's "daddy" in this equation ?

IAAL

Daddy passed away in 1988. I am remarried and my husband has no problems with this arrangement.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">