• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DCF Home Study

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BL

Why would DFC be involved if there were no complaints/reports made ?

They would have no reason to .

casa

What is the name of your state? CT Are parents entitled to the home study done by DCF in a custody case?
Do you mean a copy of the report from DCF of the home study? I'm not sure about CT laws re; this, but you can always contact the person who did the study & ask them.

GIAANDERSON

Why would DFC be involved if there were no complaints/reports made ?

They would have no reason to .
There are no complaints/reports made. I filed for a termination of my child's fathers' rights. The judge ordered a home study by dcf before the hearing. It's complete and I wasn't sure whether or not I could see it before the hearing.

BL

There are no complaints/reports made. I filed for a termination of my child's fathers' rights. The judge ordered a home study by dcf before the hearing. It's complete and I wasn't sure whether or not I could see it before the hearing.
I may be wrong but if a Judge ordered it, I doubt you would have access to it .
The report would be for the Judge to review .

Was the Study done on both Parents ?

GIAANDERSON

I may be wrong but if a Judge ordered it, I doubt you would have access to it .
The report would be for the Judge to review .

Was the Study done on both Parents ?
Yes, the study was done on myself and the father. I actually heard from my attorney and he advised the homestudy would be available for my review after the hearing.
Thanks.

ceara19

What is the basis for your motion to terminate dad's parental rights?

GrowUp!

Yes, the study was done on myself and the father. I actually heard from my attorney and he advised the homestudy would be available for my review after the hearing.
Thanks.
Actually, the review will be provided to the judge and attorneys. You, personally, are most likely NOT entitled to your own copy of it.

ceara19

No ongoing relationship.
It normally takes much more then no ongoing relationship to have a parents rights terminated. That said, it is very doubtful that you will have access to your home study prior to the court hearing. It's even more doubtful that you will have access to dad's home study at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">