• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DCF wants a drug screen from me!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Skip the test till thursday

The DCF lady is bluffing

BTW you are going to lose the kid anyway as soon as mom gets well

They are not going to take the kid into an unsafe environment, whether you pee or not.

They are not going to keep the kid from mom even if you are clean.
Placement is with DCF. YOu are sure that she is bluffing? Because quite frankly they can place this child in a FOSTER home. Not with a kinship placement. It is a dangerous game for him to take the test as DCF CAN move the child.

LsPilot82

Skip the test till thursday

The DCF lady is bluffing

BTW you are going to lose the kid anyway as soon as mom gets well

They are not going to take the kid into an unsafe environment, whether you pee or not.

They are not going to keep the kid from mom even if you are clean.
Oh I hope the mom gets well...the sooner the better. Where she was removed from had plenty of food. Clean house..and plenty of love. Its just the mom and grandmother both have a drug problem. So the mom asked us to take custody until she completes the program. So I cant wait for her to complete the program so the kid can go back.

LsPilot82

Placement is with DCF. YOu are sure that she is bluffing? Because quite frankly they can place this child in a FOSTER home. Not with a kinship placement. It is a dangerous game for him to take the test as DCF CAN move the child.
The child is NOT in my custody. She's in my GF's custody. They want me to take a test since I live in the home. Again...I dont mind taking it. I just dont like to be told that if i dont show up tomorrow since I have to work...then the child will be removed.

You have several possible options...

1. Get out of work early tomorrow

2. Go into work late/meet them at jobsite

3. See if you can go now

4. See if there is somewhere near the jobsite you'll be working at to get it done.

5. Lose the child to a foster family

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
The child is NOT in my custody. She's in my GF's custody. They want me to take a test since I live in the home. Again...I dont mind taking it. I just dont like to be told that if i dont show up tomorrow since I have to work...then the child will be removed.
YOU live in the home. If you don't do it, the child is removed from the home. It is that simple.

callie212

There has to be some kind of rights regarding this situation. Does this not fall under illegal search and seizure. Sounds like a dumb question, but they will be seazing my urine...lol. I'm one who doesnt like authority and being told what to do. And i dont like my rights...if i have any...to be violated what so ever. Thats the problem with most people nowadays. They just give into their government and have their rights snatched away. Again. I cannot go tomorrow, but can go 1st thing thursday. Is there anyone on here that knows a little bit more about situations like these?
I understand your frustration, but the reason why they don't tell you ahead of time is so that you don't have time to "get clean". Some drugs stay in your system a long time, but a lot (in small quantities and infrequent use) are gone in a few days.

She is giving you a hard time about the extra day because she is suspecting that you could be delaying until you are clean and short notice is the best chance to catch you if you're not. The fact that you have served time in jail, even if it wasn't drug related, doesn't help your case of pleading for her to believe that you don't do drugs and to give you an extra day.

Well on April 24th I turned myself in...I was sentenced to 120 days but ended up serving 84 of them.
You have 2 basic options, you can go in tomorrow morning to ensure you do everything they are asking so your GF can keep the child. Or you can not go tomorrow and walk in Thursday morning and hope for the best in them letting the child stay in your home--who knows, maybe she's bluffing like someone else suggested and you might be fine since you already have the kid, but you are taking a BIG risk. You can also do any of the things listed above by msmom22000.

Neither you or your GF have a legal right to the child and it is a discretionary decision that he/she is placed in your home.

Last edited:

xylene

Dropping conditional modifiers

YOU live in the home. If you don't do it, the child is removed from the home. It is that simple.
You are the expert.

You went from conditional to certainty.

You are now certain that a child would be removed from family placement and placed in foster care at the state's expense over a 24 hour delay.

>Charlotte<

Lurker
This may be a REALLY long shot, but have you asked her if she would accept your being tested at a facility close to where you'll be working?

callie212

You are the expert.

You went from conditional to certainty.

You are now certain that a child would be removed from family placement and placed in foster care at the state's expense over a 24 hour delay.
I kind of agree with you that there is a remote possibility it could be a bluff. Depending on the workload and other more pressing cases, the case worker might not even have time to get the paperwork started in less than 24 hours. Then if he goes in Thurs AM and passes she may just drop it. But I wouldn't take the risk if it were me.

And if my boyfriend took the risk and my sisters child left my home, I might make him my ex-boyfriend...just my opinion.

xylene

And if my boyfriend took the risk and my sisters child left my home, I might make him my ex-boyfriend...just my opinion.
And if I lost my job in this economy, in a hard to employ industry, and with me having a record, all because of my girlfriend's drug addict sister I would be leaving too.

A job is worth more than love.

LsPilot82

Ok so I know this thread is new but I have an UPDATE!!!! Today when the the social worker called me my gf was at the gyno due to a mass that was located when she went to the hospital a couple weeks ago with a kidney stone. Come to find out my gf has to have a hysterectomy. She got home about 20 min ago and I gave her the message to call the social worker. She told the social worker that all day tomorrow she will be undergoing more test to prepare for her surgey next week and she wouldnt be able to make it tomorrow either. Well the social worked said that for sure the kid will be removed. She has a ton of paperwork from the doctor showing her need to have surgery and giving the fact she had cancer a couple years ago, she needs to have this surgery asap and missing blood work and all the doctor appointments is not a option. But again like i said the social worker doesnt wanna work with us at all.

callie212

Ok so I know this thread is new but I have an UPDATE!!!! Today when the the social worker called me my gf was at the gyno due to a mass that was located when she went to the hospital a couple weeks ago with a kidney stone. Come to find out my gf has to have a hysterectomy. She got home about 20 min ago and I gave her the message to call the social worker. She told the social worker that all day tomorrow she will be undergoing more test to prepare for her surgey next week and she wouldnt be able to make it tomorrow either. Well the social worked said that for sure the kid will be removed. She has a ton of paperwork from the doctor showing her need to have surgery and giving the fact she had cancer a couple years ago, she needs to have this surgery asap and missing blood work and all the doctor appointments is not a option. But again like i said the social worker doesnt wanna work with us at all.
Sorry to hear that. About both the hysterectomy and the caseworker's decision.

LsPilot82

Can someone please find out the Fl state statue regarding this stuff please. I called my boss...he said I cannot miss work tomorrow. My gf can make it for the drug screen tomorrow at 830 since her Dr appt isnt till 10. My boss thinks that we might be done in time to make the hour and a half trip back from the job site in order to take the test, but there are no promises. So can someone please try to find some facts regarding this situation and not just opinions. Even though I appreciate all of them....I need facts. Thanks.

Gum_Drop

If I were the caseworker, it sounds to me that both you and the GF are just stalling. The child came out of a home were drugs were being used.

The caseworker wants a Drug test, and the reason she doesnt want the delay is most likely to make sure that you do not take something to mask the drug use(if guilty).

So first you tell the caseworker a reason why you can be tested... until its convenient for you (also enough time to take/buy something to mask a drug test).

NOw the GF who does have placement is stalling as well.

I would yank the child out of your home as well.

This is just my opinion... as I have no legal experience...

but if as a lay person this is what I see... I wonder what a caseworker would thin when she sees these things everyday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">