• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

dead beat dad but not really

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

ctrip

I live in missouri but my ex-wife lives in kansas. I have my support taken straight out of my check (my choice). I can prove I have been paying and have even paid when I have the kids for summer vacation, trying to make up for my back support. However the state says they have no record of my payments and will not help me get it fixed. In one year the total of my back support doubled. I can not get any bank to give me a loan because they think I am not paying my support. I want to know if there are others out there that are paying support but the state is saying they are not? I also want to know if I can sue for damages due to their mistake? Because of their mistake I can not get a loan of any sort. Please help. Chris Triplett

M

mommyo3

My brother is in Tenn and his ex is in New Mexico. They each have custody of one of their children. He pays support, via payroll deduction and has always paid (never been in arrears) and the state of NM has taken his IRS refund the past 2 yrs. I know that he is consulting an attorney but I don't know what can be done about it.

T

truth is powerful

If you have proof that money is being deducted then approach the DA and show proof. The company you work for may be held liable if deductions were made and never reached the state. search keyword in this forum on this subject there are several postings with more info.

M

Mugs23

This is the reason my fiancee chose not to do payroll deductions. If it were me, I'd stop the deductions and write checks yourself. That way YOU are in charge of the records & this can be prevented in the future...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">