• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Death of Both Parents

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ceara19

Ouch. I really didn't mean to offend anyone here. I'm a stay at home mom with 3 small kids and limited time for research, so I just thought that this might be a starting point. Once again, I sincerely apologize.
You didn't offend me. I was simply stating a fact. If you are serious about writing a NOVEL, you have to conduct research correctly, which takes more time then the actual writing. If you are simply wanting to write as a "hobby", keep a journal.

BelizeBreeze

You didn't offend me. I was simply stating a fact. If you are serious about writing a NOVEL, you have to conduct research correctly, which takes more time then the actual writing. If you are simply wanting to write as a "hobby", keep a journal.
There is a book out there that took six months to actually write. However, the 'research' was 12 years in the making ;)

novelgirl

Thank you, BelizeBreeze. :) Are you an author as well? I really didn't intend to be dishonest, but I have definitely learned a lesson about 'website research'.

Also, this is my second novel, so I know all about how long the research can take. :eek: I'm just in the early stages of this new one, and thought I might try this as a starting place.

Again, I'm sorry.

BelizeBreeze

Thank you, BelizeBreeze. :) Are you an author as well? I really didn't intend to be dishonest, but I have definitely learned a lesson about 'website research'.

Also, this is my second novel, so I know all about how long the research can take. :eek: I'm just in the early stages of this new one, and thought I might try this as a starting place.

Again, I'm sorry.
Although I am no longer actively writing, I have spent a large portion of my adult life in the pursuit of the written word, including a few plays, music and the book. And in all instances, the research, character studys and planning (even for the music) took at least twice as long as the actual writing. In fact, I have found that if the research is conducted correctly, you'll find that the writing is mostly done.

In fact, twice my research has dictated a complete reversal of the path I thought the writing would take and for the better.

So, if you need specific questions answered, as in this case, instead of looking here for an answer, your editor should be suggesting you call the police department or the department of child protective services and ask to speak with the public information office.

They have experience with such things and will be most happy to help.

BL

Only parents and grandparents may have ‘custody’ of minor children. Any other person would have to Petition the Court for ‘guardianship’ of the children’s person and property. Either matter can be commenced in the Family Court in the County where the children currently live. The main difference is that in a guardianship application, the person applying must go though several independent checks or background investigation, such as a criminal background check and a report run with the Central Registry on Abused and Neglected Children, before their application will be accepted by the court..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">