• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Definition Please

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

victmich

What is the name of your state?TX

Just wanting to know what these two statements are saying technically:

1. It is further ordered and decreed that the Petitioner and Respondent shall at all times each have the duty to inform the other parent in a timely manner of significant information concerning the health, education and welfare of the child.

2. It is further ordered and decreed that the Petitioner and Respondent shall at all times each have the following rights : to receive information from the other concerning the health, education and welfare of the child.

Some things have been happening mostly in this past six weeks of school and I am wondering what really the obligation is here and does it matter if things have been going differently all along since she has been in school.

BL

ALL TIMES , but you as a Certified Parent have access to school info. , so contact the school ...

victmich said:
Just wanting to know what these two statements are saying technically:

1. It is further ordered and decreed that the Petitioner and Respondent shall at all times each have the duty to inform the other parent in a timely manner of significant information concerning the health, education and welfare of the child.

2. It is further ordered and decreed that the Petitioner and Respondent shall at all times each have the following rights : to receive information from the other concerning the health, education and welfare of the child.

Some things have been happening mostly in this past six weeks of school and I am wondering what really the obligation is here and does it matter if things have been going differently all along since she has been in school.
1. Both parents are supposed to notify the other parent of "significant" issues...the child needs surgery, the child is failing classes, etc. The child having a cold or getting a "C" in Algebra would not be considered "significant". The court also expects each parent to get info directly from the source -- don't depend on the other parent for info. Develop a relationship with teachers, counselors, principals -- if you let them know that you want to be involved they will keep you informed.

2. Both parents can inquire this info from the other parent. How did the dentist visit go? Child is sick...is Dr. Smith still the pri**** care physician? Again, the more involved you are in the child's life, the less you will have to rely on the other parent for third-hand info.

victmich

Inquiry123 said:
1. Both parents are supposed to notify the other parent of "significant" issues...the child needs surgery, the child is failing classes, etc. The child having a cold or getting a "C" in Algebra would not be considered "significant". The court also expects each parent to get info directly from the source -- don't depend on the other parent for info. Develop a relationship with teachers, counselors, principals -- if you let them know that you want to be involved they will keep you informed.

2. Both parents can inquire this info from the other parent. How did the dentist visit go? Child is sick...is Dr. Smith still the pri**** care physician? Again, the more involved you are in the child's life, the less you will have to rely on the other parent for third-hand info.

Okay that is what I thought - that just isn't the way we normally operate. As a matter of fact the last time I contacted my daughter's teacher I was accused of "going behind dad and sm's back". But it seems now that they are purposely not informing me of things that they used to do so I guess that leaves me little other choice. Thanks for the replies.

BL

victmich said:
Okay that is what I thought - that just isn't the way we normally operate. As a matter of fact the last time I contacted my daughter's teacher I was accused of "going behind dad and sm's back". But it seems now that they are purposely not informing me of things that they used to do so I guess that leaves me little other choice. Thanks for the replies.
Yeah technically , legal so , but under the Federal Laws you can inquire your own self .

Last edited by a moderator:

casa

victmich said:
I suggest contacting the school and asking if they can mail you same information as is given to Mom. (This is what I set up for my daughter's dad) Then receive calendars, event info., copies of report cards etc. Also make sure you are on the Emergency contact list at school.

You can also request copies of medical records from the Dr. (copying fees are common)...so you are aware of any health issues.

BL

casa said:
I suggest contacting the school and asking if they can mail you same information as is given to Mom. (This is what I set up for my daughter's dad) Then receive calendars, event info., copies of report cards etc. Also make sure you are on the Emergency contact list at school.

You can also request copies of medical records from the Dr. (copying fees are common)...so you are aware of any health issues.

I AGREE ...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">