+ Reply to Thread
    Deb28 is offline Junior Member

definition of secondary custody

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law North Carolina

Is there really such a thing as secondary custody or does that just refer to the non custodial parent having rights of visitation? My husband has full primary custody of his son. His ex-wife states that she has as much right as he does because she has secondary custody?
    Ohiogal is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Deb28 View Post
    What is the name of your state (only U.S. law North Carolina

Is there really such a thing as secondary custody or does that just refer to the non custodial parent having rights of visitation? My husband has full primary custody of his son. His ex-wife states that she has as much right as he does because she has secondary custody?
    What exactly does your husband have? Ex-wife may have just as much rights as him. But I know she has MORE RIGHTS than you.
    Parents should remember 3 things: Love your kids more than you hate your ex; when you have children the relationship with the other parent is until death; your children determine what type of nursing home you end up in.
    Nothing stated by me should be taken as giving you legal advice or forming an attorney/client relationship.

Attorney-GAL in Ohio.

I've removed the knife from my back, polished it, and will one day return it -- long after you think I have forgotten.