• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Denial Of Access

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

breezymom

All I can say is "wow." This isn't in my county for sure. There have been denials of emergency hearings with FAR more proof...well actually...far more proof than what it sounds like here isn't much. And I say this from personal experience as well.

Something like this is extremely difficult to prove, unless there are witnesses, CPS has been called by someone living near, or something happens. And, I may have missed it, but where's the proof in this argment that what is thought to have occurred has actually occurred to the extent that it is being accused to have occurred?

databit

The law does not agree with you. What, no parent has ever grabbed 5 minutes of sanity in the bathroom while the child is watching TV?

I can't imagine how you'll ever be able to convince a court to believe the words of a 5 year old....and I can see this working against you. Seriously - you called CPS for this?

The others are right, too - you can't take out a restraining order based on "what if".

Tread carefully, Dad. Filing for custody based on this is going to make one of you seem like a donkey's rear, and it's not Mom.
At a minimum it sounds like he should file for some form of custody arrangement, visitation or something.

I agree with the sanity break piece and I understand the father's concern regarding the supervision of the child considering the living situation. My question is, is the father doing anything to assist in the situation itself? is OP paying child support, even without a court order? If not, I'd say OP should start and not necessarily for legal reasons, it's just the right thing to do.

Just Blue

OP just does NOT want to answer the 60K Questions!!

How much CS does he pay?
And why the ....heck did he, in 5 years, NEVER establish formal parternity and custody orders?

And it is notable that every member, sans OP, agrees on this thread. ;)

OP if you are still reading... Perhaps you could offer to assist Mum when she needs to run an arrend.

Or buy some child safty "bars" for her wndows...Although it kinds blows my mind that her state does not :)confused:) require it in Public Housing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">