• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Denied visitation--VA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mistoffolees

Went to pick up kids tonight, no one was home. Left voice a message on boyfriends phone that I was there to pick up kids and notice on door with a copy of court order for her. Boyfriend called, left message that because I do not live in that county anymore, the court order is null and void. I still live in va.
File for contempt. As Geekess says, it's better if you have evidence that you were there (gas receipt, McDonald's receipt, witness, etc), but you could file, anyway.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Went to pick up kids tonight, no one was home. Left voice a message on boyfriends phone that I was there to pick up kids and notice on door with a copy of court order for her. Boyfriend called, left message that because I do not live in that county anymore, the court order is null and void. I still live in va.
Keep a copy of the voice mail. File for contempt on Monday.

fordman418

I posted a note on their door, that I had came to exercise my visitation right but she wasn't home. INcluded a copy of our court order as well. I do have a receipt from a gas station in the little town that is about 10 minutes from there.

I have saved all my phone messges. The message from last night, the boyfriend even said "he had gotten the posted note off the door." And "he had told me that I was not going to get the kids overnight or any other time." He says because he's been through all of this he knows the co is null and void because I moved to another county. If that's the case then, I would have just as much right to those kids as she does. But I know the co is still valid.

I also called the sheriff's department before I arrived at their apartment. Deputy advised to file the show cause on Monday if she was not there and I didnot get the kids.

I will definitely be asking for a no contact with the boyfriend. I am not understanding why they think it's okay for him to control my visits with the kids.

Thanks everyone!

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">