• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dental records

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

DADDYBONZS

What is the name of your state? Arizona

I am trying to obtain dental records for my two girls but, one of the dentists will not release them to me because I was not the insurance holder at the time. I have since taken over medical and dental care for the children due to the lack of care from the mother. Number one, it against the law for these dentists to release the records to me? Number two, the records will show they have not seen a dentist for three years. As a result, both children have severe dental problems from decaying teath. They have also not seen a doctor in almost three years resulting in various third world diseases and they are behind on shots. Is this a form of child abuse? I am currently trying to gain custudy of the children.

B

Buggaloo80

Response

Well I do not know about your state but in NC, all we had to do was fax a copy of our court order to show we were allowed access to ALL medical and school records. We wanted school records because CP (Custodial Parent) would not provide them to us (as stated in the Court Order, like she was supposed to) So we called the school and they had to have documentation that we were allowed to receive them, but after that they just faxed them over. I think Medical or Dental records are a little mroe complex so you may have to go in person to get them. Hope this helps! Oh yeah not taking kids to Dr. for shot and so forth is not only abuse, it is neglect, and just WRONG!

Bugga

T

Terry7

Is your name on the girls' Birth Certificates ? On their school records,and/or ,any other legal Documents,that show you are in fact the Bio-Father ?

If so,even w/o a court Order ,you should have the same legal rights to any of their records.

Sometimes though certain agencies do not see it that way,and will only release records with the parents permission with whom the child(ren) live.

Schools for example Have To release them with proof of Parentage under federal Law,unless otherwise specified by a court Judge.

If you are going to Court,have the Order include an Order that you are Entitled to Complete access to any & all the Child(ren)s' Records.

Then you will have it ordered by a Judge as proof. !!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">