• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Dental Records

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

okiesooner

What is the name of your state? Oklahoma

The dentist my ex brought my kids too refuses to allow me to have a copy of the records because my court order doesnt "specify" that I can. Can they do that?

Ljnsy

okiesooner said:
What is the name of your state? Oklahoma

The dentist my ex brought my kids too refuses to allow me to have a copy of the records because my court order doesnt "specify" that I can. Can they do that?

What is the custody order? Who has physical custody? and Do you have "joint legal" custody?

averad

From my understanding, in the case of a separation or divorce, medical records can be obtained by eaither parrent (even if non-custodial). Im confused in what situation you would need to physicly handle the medical records. Most dentists will send dental records to other facilities as well as insurance carriers.

Ljnsy

It is my understanding , and someone please correct me if I'm wrong, that if you don't have "joint legal" custody, you don't have the right to medical records.

Ljnsy

Thanks!

NotSoNew said:
thanks!

and Ljnsy ~ no you do not have to have joint legal you simply cannot have been barred from this information in your court order.

Thanks for the correction NotSoNew. :D

okiesooner

Wow you guys are fast. Thank you for the info and the link Iwill use it. Anyone know of a similar letter for schools, seems my ex has told the school I can't have those records either. Funny thing is that is in my court order....that I can have school records.

acmb05

okiesooner said:
Wow you guys are fast. Thank you for the info and the link Iwill use it. Anyone know of a similar letter for schools, seems my ex has told the school I can't have those records either. Funny thing is that is in my court order....that I can have school records.
The school should know better than that. Expect them to be hesitant at first about releasing anything to you. If this happens just remind them that they risk losing Federal Funding if they dont release them to you.

okiesooner

Hey sorry went fishing around on that link and they had some great infor and other letters when dealing with the school...thanks again

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">