• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DFS is not protecting my niece and nephew

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

kelrel69

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MOWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

My niece and nephew are being neglected by their drunk, meth head mother. The police found her overdosed and nonresponsive, sitting next to 10 yr old son and his friend. The children were taken to their fathers and she was admitted to intensive care. Next morning she signs herself out of hospital and there are no legal consequences. DFS and law enforcement have let her take her 10 yr old (she doesn't want 15 yr daughter) from school today. We are very fearful for him. She has tried to commit suicide a number of times with prescription drugs and she never has any repercussions for her behavior. These children are in trouble at school and not doing well. Who can I contact to report DFS for repeatedly putting these children in harms way? Please help before it is too late!

mistoffolees

Ask for a DFS supervisor. Or have the kids talk with a school counselor about what's going on (the counselor will have to call DFS - and might well get more attention than an aunt or uncle).

Where is Dad in all of this? He's the one who can really do something. If he is also concerned about the kids' safety - and can prove that there is reason to be concerned, he could file for custody.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">