• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Did I Blow It?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

therickman

Will a Judge let her lower support since I have this funky wording in my J&D? I'm in Minnesota with Joint legal and physical custody. The Judgment and Decree states:"The Res shall pay the Pet, as and for child support $350 per month etc...At such time as child support is reviewed because of Res. move from the state of Minnesota, said child support shall be retroactive to the date of the move." Divorced last April, she moved last May (quit job) was reemployed in November and wants to lower support now. My poorly worded Judgement & Decree says the above. She thinks it means I have already agreed to allowing lower support. I say it was a vehicle to adjust support after one year based on actual time with kids 60%-40% for me (she is to pay the difference over the past year). What is the court likely to say about the support issue? Thanks. Rick

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Well.....it depends on the custom of the courts in your state, case law, etc.

Try the following: http://www.attorneypages.com

T

therickman

thanks

Thank you for the response. There must be many variables in most questions posted here. Not knowing the trends in Minnesota if the judge asked each my ex and I what that language means, and we each describe something totally different to the judge what would he likely do? Fall back on case law, I suppose. Would that mean he would or would not allow a support change/? Thanks again. R

H

HumorMe!

Here is the thing. From the excerpts you posted it does not state a downward modification. So, it could go either way! :)

Here's the other fun thing. Since she moved away, you should not have to be held accountable for visitation travel costs.

hm

Top Ten Reasons To Go To Work Naked!

10. No one ever steals your chair.

9. Gives bad hair day a whole new meaning.

8. Diverts attention from the fact that you also came to work drunk.

7. People stop stealing your pens after they have seen where you keep them.

6. You want to see if it's like that dream you always have.

5. To stop those creepy programmer guys from looking down your blouse.

4. "I'd love to chip in but I left my wallet in my trousers."

3. Inventive way to finally meet that 'special' person in Human Resources.

2. Can take advantage of your computer monitor radiation to work on your tan.

And... drum roll, please! ... the Number One reason to go to work naked:

1. Your boss is always yelling, "I wanna see your butt in here by 8:30 sharp!"

T

therickman

oops

Thanks. Sadly I did agree to reimburse her for some travel costs, and it is written into the J&D. Silly me. But on the other hand after lots of back and forth thru mediation and lawyers she ended up agreeing to pay about double the support formula. I knew it at the time. I'm not sure how it slipped by her and her lawyer.

Rick

>Here is the thing. From the excerpts you posted it does >not state a downward modification. So, it could go either >way!

>Here's the other fun thing. Since she moved away, you >should not have to be held accountable for visitation >travel costs.

>hm

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">