• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

the difference between Fully custody and sole custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

msloridf

I dont understand the difference between sole custody and full custody. My Lawyer said if I have sole custody I can move out of state without going to court. I have fully custody. I live in illinois.

Last edited:

CJane

Full custody and sole custody are the same thing. I do, however, think that your attorney is wrong.

What state are you in? What sort of visitation is ordered? Do you have full legal AND physical? What are the circumstances?

nextwife

You'd STILL need to follow the state's guidelines on notice. Which would require written notice X days prior to move. If the biodad ddoes NOT protest, you are free to move without taking it through the court.

nextwife

You'd STILL need to follow the state's guidelines on notice. Which would require written notice X days prior to move. If the biodad does NOT protest, you are free to move without taking it through the court.

tigger22472

nextwife said:
You'd STILL need to follow the state's guidelines on notice. Which would require written notice X days prior to move. If the biodad does NOT protest, you are free to move without taking it through the court.

Maybe, Maybe not as far as court goes as far as not taking it to court. My state requires court approval for any move over 100 miles.

casa

msloridf said:
I dont understand the difference between sole custody and full custody. My Lawyer said if I have sole custody I can move out of state without going to court. I have fully custody. I live in illinois.
There is no 'fully' custody. There is sole custody~ Either Legal or Physical or Both.

If your court order does not address moving away~ Then you would follow Illinois state move-away guidelines re; notice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">