• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

disabled ex

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashlee

What is the name of your state? Tennessee
My ex-husband claims that he is disabled and he draws SSI, $570.00 per month, because he says that he has social disorders and is very bipolar. He is very bipolar and I believe that this is part of the reason that he has been acting this way.
He also works under the table and makes good money.
My question is that I don't agree with the way that he has been doing since he got with his girl friend. He has stopped paying child support and has stopped getting my son as much as he used to. He has been very diffucult to deal with and I just feel that he is doing my son wrong. I feel that if he is disabled enough to claim disability through the state than he is to disabled to take care of my child. I want to take him back to court and use the reason of him being bipolar and disabled to take his rights away. His child support is only $111.00 a month and that is my other issue. I feel that with him making $12.00 per hour under the table, so with no taxes, and getting a disablity check, he should be paying more than $111.00 per month. Do I have a leg to stand on in court?

GrowUp!

Ashlee said:
My ex-husband claims that he is disabled and he draws SSI, $570.00 per month, because he says that he has social disorders and is very bipolar. He is very bipolar and I believe that this is part of the reason that he has been acting this way.
Well his "claims" must have been proven medically & to the satisfaction of the requirements since he's getting SSI...

He also works under the table and makes good money. My question is that I don't agree with the way that he has been doing since he got with his girl friend.
Too bad -- it's none of your business.

He has stopped paying child support and has stopped getting my son as much as he used to.
1 - then file show cause for contempt (cs issue)
2- which is his choice (visitation)

He has been very diffucult to deal with and I just feel that he is doing my son wrong.
most ex's are difficult to deal with. They're "ex" for a reason.
Whatever you "feel" is irrelevant unless you can prove your "feeling" is a danger to the child.

I feel that if he is disabled enough to claim disability through the state than he is to disabled to take care of my child. I want to take him back to court and use the reason of him being bipolar and disabled to take his rights away.
yeah, you go ahead and do that. I'm placing a call to Vegas to place bets on this one.

His child support is only $111.00 a month and that is my other issue.
Let me correct you: this IS your issue. This is NOT your "other" issue. You're just pissed because he's collecting disability, therefore your free $$$ was just decreased. Keep on trying to sell that story. The only ones who'll buy it are morons like you.

I feel that with him making $12.00 per hour under the table, so with no taxes, and getting a disablity check, he should be paying more than $111.00 per month. Do I have a leg to stand on in court?
Yeah -- you have two legs to stand on in court. Or you can sit.
You would need to prove he's working under the table -- that is IF he is truly working under the table. And since he's your "ex", you obviously don't know the whole story in regards to that anyway...
I can't wait for your response since I KNOW you won't appreciate me being a pr*ck. Too damn bad.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Ashlee said:
My ex-husband claims that he is disabled and he draws SSI, $570.00 per month,

No "claims that he is disabled" -- your ex is disabled. SS disability is not awarded to everyone.

because he says that he has social disorders and is very bipolar. He is very bipolar and I believe that this is part of the reason that he has been acting this way.

You can't prove that he is acting that way because of bipolar. It could be a thousand reasons he is acting "this way".

He also works under the table and makes good money.

Prove it. How do you know he works under the table?

My question is that I don't agree with the way that he has been doing since he got with his girl friend.

You do NOT get to control your ex or dictate what he does. He is your ex. He is allowed to date and be with anyone he wants to be with.

He has stopped paying child support and has stopped getting my son as much as he used to.
Okay now you are lying because you say you are receiving $111.00 a month -- which is true?

He has been very diffucult to deal with and I just feel that he is doing my son wrong.

Irrelevant.

I feel that if he is disabled enough to claim disability through the state than he is to disabled to take care of my child.

No state is going to take a child away from a parent just because they are on disability. Try again. YOu need to have relevant LEGAL grounds. Ever hear of the ADA? It prohibits disabled people from being discriminated against because they are disabled.

I want to take him back to court and use the reason of him being bipolar and disabled to take his rights away.
Waste your time and money. Irritate the judge to no end.

His child support is only $111.00 a month and that is my other issue. I feel that with him making $12.00 per hour under the table, so with no taxes, and getting a disablity check, he should be paying more than $111.00 per month. Do I have a leg to stand on in court?
Other than the two attached no. You have to prove he is making $12.00 an hour under the table. You have to prove that he is a danger to his child. Have you filed for disability for the child based on daddy's record?

rmet4nzkx

Ohiogal said:
Other than the two attached no. You have to prove he is making $12.00 an hour under the table. You have to prove that he is a danger to his child. Have you filed for disability for the child based on daddy's record?
Dad is on SSI, that is Suplemental Security Income it is state aid not SSDI Social security disability income. If dad was in SSDI then there would be a dependent's benefit in lieu of child support, however with SSI/state benefits, child support is still owed and this is income dependent so working under the table would affect dad's entitlement. If mom reports dad's working under the table to state authorities and he is convicted of fraud, then where is her income comming from?

BL

You're lucky to be receiving $111.00 per Month , some State's Have minimums of $50.00 for low income NCPs.

Is the $111 garnished from his monthly Disability check? I had thought that most states automatically withhold child support payments from the source of income, including disability checks. If I am correct (which I may not be), then how did he stop paying?

BL

NotAnAttorney said:
Is the $111 garnished from his monthly Disability check? I had thought that most states automatically withhold child support payments from the source of income, including disability checks. If I am correct (which I may not be), then how did he stop paying?
SSI benifits can not be garnished or seized to pay a debt , SSDI benifits could .
The Poster needs to file contempt of Court Order with the Courts .

MrsK

You probably arent going to get any more $.

You probably arent going to be able to get his rights terminated.

Tough luck.

Ashlee

You do not at all understand. My ex was working for the same company when we were together and was drawing disabilty then. And he can not get SSA because he does not have enough work credits. He has been on SSI since he was 11 when his dad dies and they have not ever looked back into his case. so yes he was mentally isabled then, but not now. And no they can not with hold the child support from the SSI check, and my son can not draw bennifits off of his dad because it is SSI not SSA. I feel that he should have to pay child support off of all of his income. My son has chronic lung and his medicnes are over $1000.00 a month. I have alot of cost due to that and the child support that I am suspose to recieve only covers one week of day care. Not to mention all of the time that I have to take off work to go to the doctors appts and all of the time i have to miss when he is sick and in the hospital, day care has to be paid for weither or not he is there or I am at work to make the money to pay them with. I have not recieved child support in 7 months. I was just stating that was suspose to be the amount of child support that I am to recieve.

0861jro

Ashlee said:
You are right I dont appericat it and I feel that you are just some dead beet dad that is trying to defend other of your kind.

DITTO So,e of you guys are real; jerks and offer no legal help at all. You are simply on here to pass judgement about people. The only perfect person ever created was Jesus Christ who died to save your ass. If you have nothing helpful to say to people, keep your opinions to yourselves.

Shay-Pari'e

0861jro said:
DITTO So,e of you guys are real; jerks and offer no legal help at all. You are simply on here to pass judgement about people. The only perfect person ever created was Jesus Christ who died to save your ass. If you have nothing helpful to say to people, keep your opinions to yourselves.

Where was your *Helpfull Advice*? Maybe you should keep your opinion to yourself.;)

Ashlee

Even though she did not offer me any advise I am sure that she has seen his post on other subjects also and I think her for standing up with me. I have seen him act like this to several people on here and I think that people who get on here and act like him and some others should be bared and not be able to come back to this site if they can not help people which is what this site was made for.

GrowUp!

Ashlee said:
You are right I dont appericat it and I feel that you are just some dead beet dad that is trying to defend other of your kind.
And only a dumb broad like yourself would draw that type of ASSumption. Shove it, skank.

GrowUp!

0861jro said:
Hey STHU, jackass. This isn't a religious forum and some of us (like me), don't appreciate bible bangers like you bludgeoning us with your religious BS.
And refer to the bolded part: Yeah...it's VERY obvious...so practice what you preach, freaking hypocrite.

GrowUp!

Ashlee said:
Even though she did not offer me any advise I am sure that she has seen his post on other subjects also and I think her for standing up with me. I have seen him act like this to several people on here and I think that people who get on here and act like him and some others should be bared and not be able to come back to this site if they can not help people which is what this site was made for.
You were given LEGAL ADVICE. This is not a forum where you will get the answers YOU want to hear. Go pay an attorney to tell you pretty much the exact same thing you were told here. If you don't like the advice, then you are not obligated to even visit this site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">