• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Divorced Dad wishes to re-marry and move out of state, wish to have children with me.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ChachieDee

What is the name of your state?MA I have been divorced for three years, have joint physical and legal custody. I wish to re-marry and move to North Carolina to be with my fiance. I would like to share the children with my ex wife, three boys 8,13 and 17. She is against any cooperation, wishes to make life miserable for me at all costs. I proposed that they spend the school year with her and I take them for the summer as well as winter vacations. Fiance has two children, same problem with her Ex. Need a course of action.

LdiJ

You need an attorney. Your ex is in the "driver's seat" to a great extent because you are the one moving.

Gingermom

Your entitled

First, suggestion, speak to a lawyer. But from my understanding and research, you can still keep joint custody...unless the mother chooses to convince the court otherwise, that you should not have joint P & L - because you are moving out of state. But from what it sounds like you are offering her is what alot of interstate custody families do - the move away parent gets summer vacations and holidays and school breaks. I would try to mediate about this. Alot feelings I am sure are coming up with you moving and all... :cool:

ChachieDee said:
What is the name of your state?MA I have been divorced for three years, have joint physical and legal custody. I wish to re-marry and move to North Carolina to be with my fiance. I would like to share the children with my ex wife, three boys 8,13 and 17. She is against any cooperation, wishes to make life miserable for me at all costs. I proposed that they spend the school year with her and I take them for the summer as well as winter vacations. Fiance has two children, same problem with her Ex. Need a course of action.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">