• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have any legal right to see exs prior income?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lovingmom

What is the name of your state? mississippi--Last week I contacted CSE supervisor, who is overseeing my childrens case, and brought her new income info. She had a wage statement from Fl where he last worked. I asked if i could see it and she denied. Why? Whats so secretive? I know his ability to make huge amounts of money. Also, How can I get the info ? He did not file taxes last year? As a matter of fact, he hasnt filed for the past 5 years. Any info will be appreciated...loving mom

H

hound dog

No I do not think you have a right to know how much he is making like he does nt have the right to know how much youare making. ;)

T

TxStep

When my husband's ex filed for a CS increase (in California) they sent us a copy of her financial statement and paycheck stubs. This was probably because it was filed with the OSC to modify child support. I think that if the income information is filed with the courts, you have a right to see it. If the CSE office has obtained the information, but not filed an order with the court, then they probably have a confidentiality policy. We have found that the CSE office will give absolutely NO information about one parent to the other. This is probably to avoid any liability in domestic violence situations.

haiku

TX step is right CSE will not give out ANY information on the other parent, it is for your protection.

Once these financials become part of a COURT record, you would be allowed to view them.

CMSC

haiku said:
TX step is right CSE will not give out ANY information on the other parent, it is for your protection.

Once these financials become part of a COURT record, you would be allowed to view them.
actually I think that statement should be, "CSE should not give out any info." but it all depends on who you know, where you live, and who's butt you kiss while you are there! I have gotten a wealth of info from my current case worker in just general conversation. I never once flat out asked about info on my ex but in exchanging what we know about him, she lets things sort of slip!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">