• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have to go thru a lot to get sole custody of a child born out of an affair?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

shanyn

I'm in the Commonwealth of Virginia. (sighs) I was married in 1996, and seperated in 1998, and never legally divorced. 2 years ago I had an affair with a married man, he left his wife, we moved in together, I got pregnant, we ended up moving apart for financial reasons, had the baby, he was there, he takes part in the childs life, (child is 1 now). Now, we do not get along at all, he never divorced his wife, and lives with his father. I live with my parents. Married man's name is not on our son's birth certificate, because in this "state" if a woman is married and has a child by another man, the other man's name cannot be put on the birth certificate, only the husband's can. Nor is father's name on childs social security records, because i elected to have it that way. Since he and i do not get along at all now, i want to obtain full custody of my son, and get him out of my life. Since his name appears on no records of our son's, the only way it could be proven he is the father is from DNA testing, i guess. Anyway, is it possible to get this man out of my life and keep our son away from him? He's mentally abusive toward me now, always good with our son, though, but he's more concerned with his other kids than this one.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">