• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Doctor order vs Court order

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LdiJ

That is very doable. I think I'll offer the make up days first and if he says no, I'll offer what I would pay in gas for the visitation for him to get her. Thank you for the support
Again, that is not what I suggested. I suggested that you give dad a choice. You give him two options and let him choose which option he wishes to take. You either want to be in a good position if dad takes you to court or you don't. I have been trying to give you the benefit of the doubt when others are giving you a hard time, but you are making it hard to continue to do so.

KeepLearning

Sorry. I figured if he accepted then it would be fine and if he didn't and I offered the alternative then I still gave him 2 choices. I will give him the 2 choices up front. I thought it was similar. If that was incorrect, I apologize.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Sorry. I figured if he accepted then it would be fine and if he didn't and I offered the alternative then I still gave him 2 choices. I will give him the 2 choices up front. I thought it was similar. If that was incorrect, I apologize.
It's all about diplomacy...two options (or more) is negotiation, while a single option is an ultimatum.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
It's all about diplomacy...two options (or more) is negotiation, while a single option is an ultimatum.
And truthfully she should not be offering just gas. She should offer mileage that he now has to drive because she won't meet him halfway.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I have never deprived her father and in fact am often the one convincing him to take more time (like holiday time. He is very happy with every other weekend. Unless he works Saturday, then he changes it last minute for me to meet him Saturday instead of Friday and I rearrange my weekend to accomodate).

As for your other post: my ex and my family have been at war since before child was born. They both use her as a pawn. I have documentation of my ex getting angry aND trying to make threats involving my daughter. Specifically trying to use joint custody to say if I don't do this or that then he will use his joint custody to disenable me from continuing xyz--xyz does not in any way impact his time or money--with child. It is childish and I'm constantly searching how the legal system works as a means to keep him from blackmailing me, while still maintaining being the bigger person and accommodating where I reasonably can.

As I said I'm constantly accommodating his last minute schedule changes and attempting to tell him how important it is that he be in her life. I offered to compensate him to come to her swim lessons or blast ball, etc. For the life of me I can't get him to take more than every other weekend--around his work schedule. And when I do convince him to take holiday time he usually "gets sick."

So, if for once I have something that needs flexibility and I'm trying to get my legal footing so I don't get trampled, excuse me.

I don't think this ONE situation gives you nearly enough insight into my child's life to make a determination as to custody. I have everything documented: including showing that I am often the one trying to facilitate his relationship in spite of his attempts at controlling my post divorce life. And I haven't even given everything I have on him.
You also seem to be using her as a pawn -- she is HIS daughter as well. Not just yours. Change the "my" to "our". You aren't being accommodating if you make decisions more than just day to day ones without consulting him. If he has joint custody, he gets a say so in the activities, education, and medical of his child. ONE Situation? You are the one who has stated your family has been at war with him since before the child was born. YOU are the one who has stated things about your family. That is much more than ONE situation. That is your family BUTTING IN where they are not welcome and you should make sure they comprehend that.

CTU

Meddlesome Priestess
I have never deprived her father and in fact am often the one convincing him to take more time (like holiday time. He is very happy with every other weekend. Unless he works Saturday, then he changes it last minute for me to meet him Saturday instead of Friday and I rearrange my weekend to accomodate).

As for your other post: my ex and my family have been at war since before child was born. They both use her as a pawn. I have documentation of my ex getting angry aND trying to make threats involving my daughter. Specifically trying to use joint custody to say if I don't do this or that then he will use his joint custody to disenable me from continuing xyz--xyz does not in any way impact his time or money--with child. It is childish and I'm constantly searching how the legal system works as a means to keep him from blackmailing me, while still maintaining being the bigger person and accommodating where I reasonably can.

As I said I'm constantly accommodating his last minute schedule changes and attempting to tell him how important it is that he be in her life. I offered to compensate him to come to her swim lessons or blast ball, etc. For the life of me I can't get him to take more than every other weekend--around his work schedule. And when I do convince him to take holiday time he usually "gets sick."

So, if for once I have something that needs flexibility and I'm trying to get my legal footing so I don't get trampled, excuse me.

I don't think this ONE situation gives you nearly enough insight into my child's life to make a determination as to custody. I have everything documented: including showing that I am often the one trying to facilitate his relationship in spite of his attempts at controlling my post divorce life. And I haven't even given everything I have on him.
The underlined is VERY telling and shows your true colors; you're nowhere near the martyr you're painting yourself to be.

KeepLearning

You also seem to be using her as a pawn -- she is HIS daughter as well. Not just yours. Change the "my" to "our". You aren't being accommodating if you make decisions more than just day to day ones without consulting him. If he has joint custody, he gets a say so in the activities, education, and medical of his child. ONE Situation? You are the one who has stated your family has been at war with him since before the child was born. YOU are the one who has stated things about your family. That is much more than ONE situation. That is your family BUTTING IN where they are not welcome and you should make sure they comprehend that.
I'm talking to someone that is NOT my ex. I am talking to people online. To use OUR would imply that myself and the person I am talking to share a child OR that my ex and I are mutually talking to other people. Growing up if I was talking about mom and dad, I would say my mom and my dad to my friends even though they are my and my brother/our parents. My brother was not in the conversation and I wasn't talking to my brother so I properly used "my". My daughter is not a child that you and I mutually share. When I talk to other moms and share stories I would say "why just this morning MY daughter said the funniest thing." It's is normal and proper to use "my" in the situation I am using it.

I'm not making major decisions. My ex and I about a year ago had a situation which did not concern my daughter. In an attempt to get his way he told me that if I do not give him his way then because he has joint decision making I cannot raise my daughter in x faith. I told him I also have joint decision making and disagree. If he wants to make it an issue we can go to mediation over the seperate issue. Then I went back to discussing the situation at hand leaving my daughter out of it. (Because I am tElling the story at hand to you who has no relation to my daughter I am using my again). Actually this particular situation was me mediating a dispute because my ex poked the bear (my parents) and I was resolving THAT dispute. Thankfully they have had no contact since that time. It has helped, but they Def still majorly dislike each other.

But he and I mutually had the child baptised in that faith while we were married, and I continued her upbringing in it. He had 0 issues with it until he needed leverage over me/my parents. He used it before to get his way also, after which I looked up better ways to handle it without him controlling me and thus already had my response prepared.

So I would argue that I am not, in fact, making decisions without him aside from day to day.

Beyond discouraging contact between my ex and my parents to try to minimize the conflict, their mutual attitudes towards each other are beyond my control.

KeepLearning

The underlined is VERY telling and shows your true colors; you're nowhere near the martyr you're painting yourself to be.
I can have a lot documented to cover my but while in the process trying to do the right thing for my daughter. In fact, I would say it is smart to have documentation of issues that have arisen and demonstrate that I am doing the best thing. It would be stupid to delete what I may need eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">