• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Documented drug abuse/suicide

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Brazen987

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Idaho

So I just want to know how much weight a video recording of heroin abuse/attempted suicide will hold during a custody battle.

RRevak

If there was a real suicide attempt happening at the moment then why in the world would someone be FILMING IT rather than getting the person help!? :mad:

Brazen987

If there was a real suicide attempt happening at the moment then why in the world would someone be FILMING IT rather than getting the person help!? :mad:
I was away when the video was made. My wife recorded herself trying to overdose on heroin. Obviously it failed since I am writing here. I would try to get her help but have been repeatedly told that if I do anything of the sort then she will divorce me, file for full custody and I'll never see my children again. She has attacked me physically and sustained bruising on her arms from me trying to stop her from punching me. She is threatening to use the marks she had (of which she took pictures) against me. So in all, I am friggin' scared she will try to have me arrested should I try to get her help. I know a divorce is on the horizon and am just wondering if that tape will hold weight.

CdwJava

I was away when the video was made. My wife recorded herself trying to overdose on heroin.
How did she FAIL in an overdose? And WHY was she recording it??? It seems patently simple - shoot up on too much heroin ... and die.

I would try to get her help but have been repeatedly told that if I do anything of the sort then she will divorce me, file for full custody and I'll never see my children again.
So ... let me get this straight ... the woman with whom you have conceived two or more children with TRIES TO KILL HERSELF by "overdosing" on HEROIN and you think SHE will somehow get custody of the children in a divorce?!?!?! Something is missing from this tale!!!

She has attacked me physically and sustained bruising on her arms from me trying to stop her from punching me. She is threatening to use the marks she had (of which she took pictures) against me. So in all, I am friggin' scared she will try to have me arrested should I try to get her help. I know a divorce is on the horizon and am just wondering if that tape will hold weight.
The tape may or may not hold water - we can't see it to know what it shows. But, here's the thing, YOU are allowing this woman to remain in the proximity of your children! You KNOW she is using illicit and dangerous drugs. You KNOW she is under the influence of these drugs when caring for your children. You KNOW she is suicidal. You are INTENTIONALLY exposing your kids to great risk of harm by allowing this to continue. Quite frankly, if I were involved, I would yank those kids out of your home so fast it'd make your head spin. Both of you are putting these kids at risk of harm.

So, time to be a man and take steps to protect your children. Speak to an attorney tomorrow, a domestic violence advocate, and even the police, and take action tomorrow to protect your children!!! Or, send them away for their own safety as you are NOT protecting them, and clearly (unless you are fabricating this tale) she is in no mental or physical shape to properly care for those children if she is a junkie.

quincy

I was away when the video was made. My wife recorded herself trying to overdose on heroin. Obviously it failed since I am writing here. I would try to get her help but have been repeatedly told that if I do anything of the sort then she will divorce me, file for full custody and I'll never see my children again. She has attacked me physically and sustained bruising on her arms from me trying to stop her from punching me. She is threatening to use the marks she had (of which she took pictures) against me. So in all, I am friggin' scared she will try to have me arrested should I try to get her help. I know a divorce is on the horizon and am just wondering if that tape will hold weight.
I am really puzzled by your posts, Brazen987.

You are asking about how a video can be used to help you in a custody battle, for a divorce that has not even happened yet, but you do not seem to be concerned about your wife's suicide attempt or her heroin abuse with your children in the house - at least, not concerned enough to do anything about it.

Possession of heroin can result in up to 7 years in prison and up to a $15,000 fine. Following is a link to Idaho's Title 37, Chapter 27, Uniform Controlled Substances, Article IV. Read 37-2732(c).
http://legislature.idaho.gov/idstat/Title37/T37CH27SECT37-2732.htm

If you are worried about your children (and yourself), you might want to consider reporting your wife's heroin use to the police BEFORE you are charged with possession of a Schedule I drug right along with her and BEFORE your children are harmed or the State steps in to ensure their safety by removing them from the home.

If you have any concern for your wife and her health (both mental and physical), concern for the mother of your children, you might want to consider petitioning the court to have her involuntarily committed for an evaluation and for treatment of her drug abuse, which could help prevent her from attempting suicide again. Following is a link to the Idaho statute on involuntary commitment:
http://www.legislature.idaho.gov/idstat/Title66/T66CH3SECT66-329.htm

I agree with all that CdwJava wrote and with the advice he offered.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">