• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Does a court order for modification void any other court order for child support?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

armentas

The order for child support and medical coverage
that I received states that "Full faith and credit
is granted to the order entered by the State of
Louisiana". Does this mean that it replaces the
original Divorce Decree which was granted in
Louisiana? I live in North Carolina now.

J

jjelly3

I would say yes, but I lived in LA for a while and god only knows about their laws! is this a modification that has been filed and gone in front of a judge?

K

K. Saltz

That's a little confusing. Why can't they use plain English? Anyway, it sounds to me like you'll continue to pay support and medical, however, it will continue in the same way it was in Louisana. I would call Friend of the Court, or get a free consulation with an Attorney who handles family law in North Carolina. I know that states have an inter-state policy for child support where by the two states work together.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">