• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Does he have to bring them back?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lholland

What is the name of your state? GA

My husband and I seperated in Jan. right after I found out I was going to have twins. After they were born, he would come and visit them at the house - still does, and now he gets them every other Sat. for about 4 hours. I didn't want to let him leave with them, but was scared it would no look good in front of a judge later. Now I've heard that there is nothing legal to do if he decided to keep them until a judge ordered temp. custody. Is this true?

Also, one of the boys was born with some respiratory problems (they were 1 month early), and the pediatrician encourages not to have him (or both for that matter) around anyone who smokes or in a smoker's home, but I know my husband does this when he takes them on his Saturdays. His step-father and his grandfather both smoke in their homes, and that is where he stays when he has them. What can I do about this if anything? He's putting them at risk for further complications.

VeronicaGia

If you were married at the time you gave birth, he is legally their father. If there are no court orders for custody or visitation, he could choose not to bring them back home, and file for custody.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">