• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

does my income count???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

agirlinaz

hi. we are in ARIZONA. to refresh the memory, my H had an affair, the woman became pregnant, had the child, didn't tell us until now, the child is 3 years old. anyway, the DNA test showed that my H is the father. now we are filling out the financial affidavits and i am wondering if my income must count? they ask for the tax returns, which we always filed jointly, until this year of course. so they will see my income if we give them copies of those.

in arizona does the spouses income count? i know it doesn't matter but they were never married. and i didn't make this child, i shouldn't support it. how can i politely tell them i don't want to disclose that information?

thanks in advance.

L

LadyBlu

agirlinaz said:
hi. we are in ARIZONA. to refresh the memory, my H had an affair, the woman became pregnant, had the child, didn't tell us until now, the child is 3 years old. anyway, the DNA test showed that my H is the father. now we are filling out the financial affidavits and i am wondering if my income must count? they ask for the tax returns, which we always filed jointly, until this year of course. so they will see my income if we give them copies of those.

in arizona does the spouses income count? i know it doesn't matter but they were never married. and i didn't make this child, i shouldn't support it. how can i politely tell them i don't want to disclose that information?

thanks in advance.

Be sure to provide W-2's with the income tax info so they will be able to determine what is your income and what is his. Your income should not be used to compute the support as you are not financially responsible for the child.
You and your H are responsible for your kids, and your H and this woman are responsible for their kid.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">