• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Does parent agreement kick-in when divorce is complete?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

swalkowski

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I am in Cook County Illinois

I currently have a temporary agreement. In a month, I will start mediation. My concern is the house. I will not be possible for me to pay child support in a typical parent agreement and also pay for the house (I am not living in the house). What I am paying in the current court orders is working for me. When does the final parent agreement take affect? I would like to delay until the house is sold and assets are distributed.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I am in Cook County Illinois

I currently have a temporary agreement. In a month, I will start mediation. My concern is the house. I will not be possible for me to pay child support in a typical parent agreement and also pay for the house (I am not living in the house). What I am paying in the current court orders is working for me. When does the final parent agreement take affect? I would like to delay until the house is sold and assets are distributed.
Who is living in the house?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Hey OP KEEP ALL OF YOUR QUESTIONS TOGETHER.

Seniors, this individual has started approximately a half dozen threads with each giving a minute amount of information.

LdiJ

Hey OP KEEP ALL OF YOUR QUESTIONS TOGETHER.

Seniors, this individual has started approximately a half dozen threads with each giving a minute amount of information.
I noticed that after I asked my question. I am not going to respond to any more of his posts until he combines everything into one thread.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I noticed that after I asked my question. I am not going to respond to any more of his posts until he combines everything into one thread.
It is frustrating because (and it seems several newbies are doing this) OP is asking one question and providing ONLY that information OP believes is necessary to answer that question. But each question has different information attached. it may not be a lot of different information. But this same perosn will then come back and state that we are wrong for what we advice we gave due to the fact that we weren't following all of the half dozen threads and assembling the pieces.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
And most of us would rather waste our time chasing down the answers to a poster's questions than chasing down a poster's history. :p

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">