• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Does police enforce the court orders?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

CMBeasy

I am thinking they meant every day you have court ordered visitation. Show up for those days and document that she refused to let you have your child. Not every single day regardless of visitation. That could only do you harm.
I have an uninterrupted period of 9 days. Do you think one report is enough? I don't really want to show up there everyday just for sake to prove the point. At the end of the day it is the child who will suffer the most.

OhReally?

What about recent case in the media with Britney Spears, whose husband enforced the order with the help of the police. Or different rules apply to celebraties?
Umm...do you even know what you're talking about. Your alleged situation does not even compare to the Britney situation you're speaking of. :rolleyes:

CMBeasy

Basically, get a police report for every START of visitation PERIOD (not every single day unless you want to be chewed on). File them as they come. Don't file for actual Contempt until you have at least a couple. Gather affidavits/declarations from witness' etc.

Then, they are admonished/reprimanded by the court....or fined...anything up to losing Custody. But you have to follow procedure. Start with documenation, then demonstrate history, then move on to Enforcing the Orders, then Parental Interference, etc. etc.
Thanks a lot for your valuable advice. I have couple more questions.

What could be affidavits/ declaration from witnesses?

What is Parental Interference? Is it a legal term? I tried to google it, couldn't find much.

Thanks a lot to everyone:)

OhReally?

I have an uninterrupted period of 9 days. Do you think one report is enough? I don't really want to show up there everyday just for sake to prove the point. At the end of the day it is the child who will suffer the most.
If you have properly notified the other parent and have followed other directives in the court order, then you should show up and file a police report when she does not show up. You might even try to call the other parent as well, so you can get it on possible record that you also attempted to call, if you wish.

Humusluvr

Aren't you flying in from the UK for the visit? So, if she doesn't produce the child, you are sitting on your hands for 9 days? That would really suck, to have made a flight and huge expense only to have her jerk you around. Sorry :(

TinkerBelleLuvr

Aren't you flying in from the UK for the visit? So, if she doesn't produce the child, you are sitting on your hands for 9 days? That would really suck, to have made a flight and huge expense only to have her jerk you around. Sorry :(
That is why I've suggested having the attorney on notice and have him pull every string possible to have a court hearing by Monday/Tuesday over the issue.

Humusluvr

That is why I've suggested having the attorney on notice and have him pull every string possible to have a court hearing by Monday/Tuesday over the issue.
That is a good idea and a good plan for OP.

I feel for him because I'm going to be dealing with long-distance visitation.

CMBeasy

yep, You are right, instead of spending vacation with my son I will be filing reports and look feverishly for a lawyer. I found one and we can only meet at the end of the week, so I can't really put "my lawyer" on notice yet. and this pending hearing...not sure how the judge will react on my actions about this. If I lose before even the hearing started, it will demoralize me and give the the other party even more confidence.

casa

Thanks a lot for your valuable advice. I have couple more questions.

What could be affidavits/ declaration from witnesses?

What is Parental Interference? Is it a legal term? I tried to google it, couldn't find much.

Thanks a lot to everyone:)
Affidavits/Declarations are written testimony from people who can support your case. ie; Those who've witnessed the denials of parenting time...or how you are as a parent, person, etc.

Custodial Interference, Contempt of the Court Order, Denial of Parenting Time. In this case it would be Contempt that you'd end up filing. IMO Using the police reports to demonstrate to the Court that the other parent is in Contempt by refusing to abide by the Court Order for Visitation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">