• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Does uninterrupted vacation time mean no phone calls as well?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecmst12

I would suggest that dad pick his battles and understand that some things are important and some are not.

Being able to exercise his midweek visitations, probably important. Quibbling over phone calls during mom's uninterrupted vacation time and not knowing EXACTLY where they will be staying, really not important.

blabbity

Who are you in the big picture? Are you dad? Stepmom? Dad's girlfriend? Grandma?

What does the court order state regarding contact? WORD FOR WORD! Redact the names.
Why are you YELLING?

Are we reading two different forums? I already stated who I am and what the order says. I'm sorry, I don't have the order right here where I can cut and paste for your convenience.

Silverplum

Why are you YELLING?

Are we reading two different forums? I already stated who I am and what the order says. I'm sorry, I don't have the order right here where I can cut and paste for your convenience.
Then you aren't ready, are you? :rolleyes:

It's not for our convenience. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

blabbity

Oh, it's certainly Dad's business. :cool:

When advisors ask what Dad's court order states, we/they mean, what does it state. Not what you remember, not what you think: exactly what it states.

Next up: Dad needs to create his own account to ask his own questions about his legal business. Thanks.
OMG. Dad is at work, I have the day off. I was curious about a legal nuance. Who cares?

Isis1

Why are you YELLING?

then no one here can help you. when you go into a lawyer's office for a free/paid for consultation...they want to see the court order. without the court order, you just wasted your time and quite possibly your money. so let's try this.

1) come back when you have the court order

2) tell dad to get his court order and log in under his own name.

do you want half-assed help? or solid help that dad can take to court?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
As I stated... she mentioned the dates they were going out of town, and gave southern california as their destination.

Both parents are court ordered to provide addresses, phone numbers and third party contacts when they go out of town. Also phone contact with the kids who are still very young has been ordered.

So yeah, it kind of is our business.
Nope. It is NEVER YOUR business. Dad's business maybe. YOURS -- NOT!
And yeah my first message was late due to the fact that when I started was before any responses and when it posted was after you answered. But it is not your business. There is a phone number dad has -- the cell phone number. If it is an emergency he can leave a message. What phone contact has been ordered -- WORD FOR WORD and not the legal stranger's interpretation.

blabbity

Nope. It is NEVER YOUR business. Dad's business maybe. YOURS -- NOT!
And yeah my first message was late due to the fact that when I started was before any responses and when it posted was after you answered. But it is not your business. There is a phone number dad has -- the cell phone number. If it is an emergency he can leave a message. What phone contact has been ordered -- WORD FOR WORD and not the legal stranger's interpretation.
Good thing you're not a lawyer, because you're completely wrong. WORD FOR WORD wrong.

And just in case there is someone who at some point stumbles across this post because they are in the same position and looking for a real answer rather than getting attacked by a flock of harpies, here is the answer ...

Dad just called me. While you were all telling me to mind my own business, he got a call from his lawyer to talk about the order to show cause that they're already working on. He asked about uninterrupted vacation time superceding phone calls. His lawyer said it doesn't. Phone calls are still allowed, and are in fact encouraged, during vacation time. So, there it is... in Utah anyway. It's another log on the fire for Mom's violations of the divorce decree.

I know that for some people two weeks without talking to their kids is no big deal. I would have a really hard time not talking to my kids for that long. I also have sole custody of my two kids... I'd never in a million years think to deny their dad phone time. It just makes no sense.

And with that I'll let you get back to your regularly scheduled bitterness and misery :D

Silverplum

Good thing you're not a lawyer,
And yet, she is.

blabbity said:
because you're completely wrong. WORD FOR WORD wrong.
Really?
Are you sure it's not just the OG Effect? ;)

blabbity said:
And just in case there is someone who at some point stumbles across this post because they are in the same position and looking for a real answer rather than getting attacked by a flock of harpies, here is the answer ...
Flock of harpies? :rolleyes:

blabbity said:
Dad just called me. While you were all telling me to mind my own business, he got a call from his lawyer to talk about the order to show cause that they're already working on. He asked about uninterrupted vacation time superceding phone calls. His lawyer said it doesn't. Phone calls are still allowed, and are in fact encouraged, during vacation time. So, there it is... in Utah anyway. It's another log on the fire for Mom's violations of the divorce decree.
I wonder why the attorney didn't call YOU? You have the day off, and are curious, and all...

blabbity said:
I know that for some people two weeks without talking to their kids is no big deal. I would have a really hard time not talking to my kids for that long. I also have sole custody of my two kids... I'd never in a million years think to deny their dad phone time. It just makes no sense.

And with that I'll let you get back to your regularly scheduled bitterness and misery :D
Okey-dokey.

I'mTheFather

Good thing you're not a lawyer, because you're completely wrong. WORD FOR WORD wrong.
Hahahahaha! Oh my, that felt good!

Uh, did you bother to read her signature line? Read it again.

I'll guess that the lawyer has a copy of the court order. I'll further guess that the court order has the exact language that all the other posters here asked you to provide. My final guess is that the court order has the exact language that the posters here expected it might, but without knowing that they couldn't be sure.

BTW, your username suits you.

Silverplum

I'll guess that the lawyer has a copy of the court order. I'll further guess that the court order has the exact language that all the other posters here asked you to provide. My final guess is that the court order has the exact language that the posters here expected it might, but without knowing that they couldn't be sure.

I counted EIGHT requests for the exact wording. :cool:

Flocks away!

mommyanme

And I bet along with all that the court Order has DAD'S name and NOT hers**************...But she didn't comprehend that part either and I believe it was said more than 3 times.

breezymom

Can we say dramatic, much?

Stepmom = legal stranger = not your business = not gonna help dad's case.

No court order right there to "copy and paste," or simply just type the part asked about, since you can't copy and paste what's on a piece of paper = not going to get the answers you want, anyway.

They asked for it for a reason, as in there may be words in there that a summary leaves out that may be important, legally, despite your importance scale.

Can't be helped without the facts that are in black and white.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">